Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Anyone have an OC encounter with armed guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Or they could love it when a plan comes together
    LOL
    Yeah, how could you resist?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Yeah see that wasn't my point at all. And I've commented in the positive on Viper's encounters many times and spoke in his favor when some poster busted balls.

How does saying "Fuck off" not come off as anything but rude? Not to mention everyone is always talking about de escalating situations. I can even understand being a dick on occasion. I have said the same to people in the past. I didn't post here and get a pat on the back for it and wouldn't expect to.
    I wasn't there but sometimes you can just tell if you go anything less than full nuke somebody will try to push you around or worse. Personally, I've learned to generally walk away. Often dragging one or two friends that want to fight along with me and telling my own friends to STFU and go. But that wisdom comes with age and there are exceptions to every rule.

It certainly wasn't ideal and he admits that. Posturing, mistake, take your pick, it's over. What is it they say about landing/crashing a plane and being able to walk away?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I was in downtown Philly, enjoying an ice cream on South Street. An armored truck pulled up, I guess making a deposit at the bank who's facade I was leaning against next to a trash can (for when I finished my cool treat and had to toss the paper). Dude gets out, carrying a heavy looking bag, sees me, and stops short of the door. He proceeds to tell me that I need to go somewhere else so he can do his job. I proceed to tell him he can go fuck himself. He tells me that he supports my right to carry unless I'm near him and he's working. I told him to go fuck himself even harder. He huffs like the douchey little nitwit he is and scurries back to his truck, where he and his partner have an animated discussion about what a jerk I am and how they like to blow each other on their lunchbreak.

After a few minutes, I finish my ice cream and toss the paper, and head back to my car. As I'm walking back up South Street, several PPD bike cops go shooting the other way, and as I drove past the armored truck, an older cop is talking to the guard on the sidewalk, explaining to him that I'm an asshole.

I chuckled as I drove past. I wasn't in the mood for their crap on this particular day. Ever since, I haven't had any armored guards say a word to me, or even cast a second glance. I was even at the 15th Street Wawa in Allentown the other day while the ATM attendant was swapping out the cash magazines, with a red-haired A-Town cop standing right there. We said hello to each other and he smiled.
    Were you the only person in the vicinity? Do they somehow stop ALL pedestrian traffic while they carry out their transaction? Perhaps you could have pulled your shirt over it, and told him that now you're just like the other dozen of my brothers that just passed by with concealed firearms, except that you're not prohibited.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I wasn't there but sometimes you can just tell if you go anything less than full nuke somebody will try to push you around or worse. Personally, I've learned to generally walk away. Often dragging one or two friends that want to fight along with me and telling my own friends to STFU and go. But that wisdom comes with age and there are exceptions to every rule.

It certainly wasn't ideal and he admits that. Posturing, mistake, take your pick, it's over. What is it they say about landing/crashing a plane and being able to walk away?
    Yep I agree. With the information given I gave my opinion and tried to clarify it. I've responded the same at least once but wished I hadn't after.

(Delaware County)

That's the thing, Mitch - looking back, I think I should have handled it differently. That being said, I don't think my reaction to him was unjustified, just douchey. Kindof like he was. One good turn and all that.
    Junior

(Erie County)

That's the thing, Mitch - looking back, I think I should have handled it differently. That being said, I don't think my reaction to him was unjustified, just douchey. Kindof like he was. One good turn and all that.
    You had a triggered response to this guard's demand/request.

You could have said, "I won't stop you from doing your job, just don't stop me from eating my ice cream".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

I didn't doubt it was justified. I probably should have made clear I've done the same and for the other users that I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    You had a triggered response to this guard's demand/request.

You could have said, "I won't stop you from doing your job, just don't stop me from eating my ice cream".
    That would have been a perfect line, and that would have been the truth.

How many robbers stand and wait for their target with nice leather holster and an ice cream cone.

The guard had a big head and opinion of himself, and Viper's a take-no-sh!% guy...there's going to be a clash when they get together.

Guard had no reason to tell a guy eating ice cream to scram. Viper could've handled it slightly better but I support his reaction. I've had a run-in with a cop like that...the more you try to say, the madder they get.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Warren County)

Hindsight is 20/20

I like the reaction viper had.

It's a learning experience for the dipshit that thinks he is somehow entitled to boss citizens around.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

Yep, been there. Had a run-in with some know-it-all from New Jersey at a nearby Wal-Mart who yelled across an aisle to get my attention and then proceed to berate me for open carrying and how I was breaking the law, blah blah blah. Tried being polite, but he and his buddy got more irate by the second. Finally I just said something like "Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but my frozen stuff's thawing and I don't want it to end up as rotten as your brain. Have a great day." Then I removed myself from the situation, and hopefully those two removed themselves from our country.

Probably about the rudest I've been to someone in this kind of situation, since de-escalation is what I strive for. But, like you said, Ungawa, sometimes people hear the politeness, smell weakness, and want to up their aggression.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345