Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Ruger LCRX 22LR or LCR 22LR - which one to buy?

I'm having a hard time deciding between the LCRX 3" 22lr (SA/DA) or the LCR snub 22lr (DA only)...

Price is not a factor in this debate; in terms of use... of course, rangetime and whatever else comes up.

I don't want a Smith (been there), I want one or the other, just between these 2.

I'm also tired of the crap reviews on the LCRX 22lr online- every one that I have come by are professional articles with ppl that have spent like 2 hours total with it.

Which one?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Ruger LCRX 22LR or LCR 22LR - which one to buy?

Interested in this thread, Depends on what you want it for, but my vote is for the 3" kit gun ! (might have to get one myself, although the Sp101 .22 is about the same price used...) I have a hard time deciding between the SP101, and a good Ruger .22 semi auto...

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

I'm starting to lean towards the 3" as you mention... ppl complain about the accuracy of both of these models but again it seems to be no one with significant range time - just 'hey just got this on loan' reviewers.
    the adjustable rear sight & longer barrel (which translates into longer sight radius) has to make me believe that the 3" would be the more accurate of the 2, which to me would translate into more fun - who wants gun they cant hit with (?)

I think at one point, in a deluded state, I thought the snub might be handy or a carry option - which again - is straight up delusional when I have even smaller but more potent carry guns.
    Let's get real, I'm not CC'ing this gun - esp when I have snub revolvers in 45acp, 357/38spl, 38spl dedicated, and even 9mm

Found both sub $400 brand new too, so here we are solrac7... here we are.

(Lehigh County)

I am a fan of 3 inch revolvers, so that would get my vote.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Since the DAO 2" wouldn't really be your go to for defensive, I'd say get the 3" for longer sight radius and SA ability for range fun

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    This

3" would make a much better range toy especially since it's da/sa vs. da only.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I'm starting to lean towards the 3" as you mention... ppl complain about the accuracy of both of these models but again it seems to be no one with significant range time - just 'hey just got this on loan' reviewers.
    the adjustable rear sight & longer barrel (which translates into longer sight radius) has to make me believe that the 3" would be the more accurate of the 2, which to me would translate into more fun - who wants gun they cant hit with (?)

I think at one point, in a deluded state, I thought the snub might be handy or a carry option - which again - is straight up delusional when I have even smaller but more potent carry guns.
    Let's get real, I'm not CC'ing this gun - esp when I have snub revolvers in 45acp, 357/38spl, 38spl dedicated, and even 9mm

Found both sub $400 brand new too, so here we are solrac7... here we are.
    Now see, you didn't need advise. That's the advise I'd have given you. I have the 38 and 9. Both are super good snubbies. I have no doubt when the right 22 ammo is found that the 22 LCRX will be accurate. 22s are, or can be, rather picky on ammo for accuracy.

(York County)

Another vote for the 3", it's more versatile. How many times have you gone to a range and seen people having a good time, or running 200 rounds, through a 2"? the 3" is still lighter than a snubby .38 for pocket or ankle carry.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Yep,A bit more accuracy to the three inch barrel too.