I have recently come into possession of one of these pistols, and so I've been doing some research. This video from forgotten weapons has been very informative.

Apparently these are a variation of an earlier model (Colt double action army) and were produced for the US constabulary during the Philippine insurrection. Under 5000 produced.

The bad news is: this one is in rough shape. In fact, virtually all the non-permanently attached pieces are missing. Basically only the frame and barrel remain intact, and what remains has a dark patina.

I'm wondering if this gun has any value left, due to its unfortunate condition. I am also considering rebuilding it, but struggle to find parts. If anyone knows a source for parts other than Numerich, please advise.

Markings include: "Colts pt.f.a. Mfg. Co Hartford CT USA" (top of barrel) 45 colt (left side barrel) "U.S." (right side frame) "R.A.C." (left side frame) "48XXX" (bottom of grip)

I am currently having a bear of a time trying to post a photo, but I will try to update with one later.