Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carrying while riding a motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Would the following have turned out different if the motorcyclists were carrying ?
    I'm guessing it would have turned out differently if everyone involved wasn't a complete dumbass.

But no matter who was at fault;
    It is pretty clear who is at fault. Everyone who stopped their vehicle.

Why ANYONE is willing to engage anyone else in an argument in the middle or side of the road is simply beyond me. What productive purpose can there POSSIBLY be? Just keep on driving!! Dumbfucks.

would there have been less of a fight or more of a fight if the motorcyclist was open carrying ?
    If I had to guess, an OCing rider wouldn't have affected the (poor) decision-making of the fat fuck rednecks (was that one guy showing everyone he is pregnant or what?). If anything, it would have resulted in the lead fat fuck redneck either daring the guy to pull out his gun, or simply trying to take it from him...esp. since none of the motorcycle riders seemed to be of the type to shoot someone.

(Lycoming County)

Would the following have turned out different if the motorcyclists were carrying ?

Obviously there was some altercation between the motorcyclist and the driver before start of the video.
    But no matter who was at fault; would there have been less of a fight or more of a fight if the motorcyclist was open carrying ?

If you're the type of person who's going to stop any vehicle and get involved in a fist fight along the road over some perceived slight, then you shouldn't be carrying a gun period. OC vs CC is a moot point at that point of stupidity.
    Last edited by R L Suehr; September 13th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    If you're the type of person who's going to stop any vehicle and get involved in a fist fight along the road over some perceived slight, then you shouldn't be carrying a gun period. OC vs CC is a mute point at that point of stupidity.
    Ka-ching! We have a winner.*

* other than using "mute" instead of "moot" (:

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Ka-ching! We have a winner.*

* other than using "mute" instead of "moot" (:
    Haha

Yeah, I try and proof read when I type on my phone. Didn't catch that one.

Edit: autocorrect tried to make it mooy this time. WTF

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Well, if you honestly believe your OC or even CC handgun is going to "be there" after you have crashed you may need to re-think this. My sister was involved in a low speed motorcycle crash (40mph)....in which she almost died......and after she flipped over the car and slid along the pavement, the only thing she had on was her helmet (a life saver), her bra, and 10% of her jeans.

Leather belts are no match for fast sliding across pavement.
    Glad she's ok. Did she wear leathers after the incident?

I've seen bikes go down at 150 and the rider get up after sliding a (long) way with no dermal integrity issues. Leather is a wonderful thing.

I did a 35mph leather test myself some years ago and continued wearing the jacket for years with no concerns - it now hangs in my son's closet (since my physique has "matured"), but it's still perfectly wearable.

I have not owned guns and motorcycle(s) at the same time, so I have never carried while riding, but I would most likely go with a shoulder rig under my leathers if I buy another bike.

My 2¢

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    If you're the type of person who's going to stop any vehicle and get involved in a fist fight along the road over some perceived slight, then you shouldn't be carrying a gun period. OC vs CC is a moot point at that point of stupidity.
    Absolutely. So wouldn't that mean there would have been less of a fight if the motorcyclist was open carrying; because he probably would not be an asshat and confront the pickup driver ??
    --ET

(Lycoming County)

Absolutely. So wouldn't that mean there would have been less of a fight if the motorcyclist was open carrying; because he probably would not be an asshat and confront the pickup driver ??
    True, I know if it was me, I whatever happened to start that I would have probably said to myself 'look at that asshole" and been my way. Then again we didn't see what instigated the fight in the first place. The motorcycle guys could have been the assholes in the situation.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Glad she's ok. Did she wear leathers after the incident?
    Thanks for asking but she did not have leathers on. Leathers would not have mattered much in this instance. She was wearing blue jeans....."was" being the key word post accident. She broke her hip and upper leg from the impact. Something like 16 pins are now in her hip, plus a few more in her leg. Lucky she didn't sever her femoral artery. However, what really put the ka-bosh on her was the traumatic brain injury she suffered. She is fine in terms of being a "normal" person and being her normal self. However, she no longer can do critical thinking for any length of time. She was a bookkeeper for a large business and also in charge of payroll for like 150 employees. She is now on SSDI.

(Westmoreland County)

In those situations, it's best to know or realize the "other person" is an ass-hat and just drop it and move on. No confrontation is worth it because everyone is going to believe they are right. Pulling a firearm in any situation is the "last thing" anyone should do. When you get to that point, reason was lost a long time ago.

(Allegheny County)

So wouldn't that mean there would have been less of a fight if the motorcyclist was open carrying; because he probably would not be an asshat and confront the pickup driver ??
    If he was not an asshat and not confrontational, it wouldn't matter if he OCed or not, as he would have kept driving either way.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast