Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Rep Cruz - HB 1771 - Gun Buyback Program

Quote Originally Posted by 74_dart_sport View Post
    Well he should be the first in line to turn over his guns then. If he isn't then he is just a hypocrite.
    ''Tis good for thee, but not for me!"
    ~Democrat mantra

Yep, I bet all the criminals and gang bangers will just line up to sell their stolen "piece" or "heater" or whatever strange term they use.
    Another very very stupid politician with no common sense.

I feel bad for the poor guns that get destroyed for no reason other than they could not get a good home with an American.

While I don't agree with the premise for these programs, in my mind they do serve some purpose to ignorant folks. There is a lot of "Saturday night specials" and junk guns out there that really have little/no monetary value and reputable dealers will not touch them. These programs give people an easy way to dispose of them, and actually get something in return, without too much hassle. Do I think that gov. money should be spent on this, no. If this is where the anti's want to spend their money, to fund these programs, then I'm all for it. My father worked in law enforcement for many years and frequently they would get people coming into the station who wanted to get rid of guns and they had NO clue how to go about it, if there was legalities involved, etc... He would most often point them in the direction of some LGS, or sometimes meet them after work if it was something he was personally interested in, but many times it was just total junk.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    While I don't agree with the premise for these programs, in my mind they do serve some purpose to ignorant folks. There is a lot of "Saturday night specials" and junk guns out there that really have little/no monetary value and reputable dealers will not touch them. These programs give people an easy way to dispose of them, and actually get something in return, without too much hassle. Do I think that gov. money should be spent on this, no. If this is where the anti's want to spend their money, to fund these programs, then I'm all for it. My father worked in law enforcement for many years and frequently they would get people coming into the station who wanted to get rid of guns and they had NO clue how to go about it, if there was legalities involved, etc... He would most often point them in the direction of some LGS, or sometimes meet them after work if it was something he was personally interested in, but many times it was just total junk.

I tried that once with a women wanting to turn in her recently deceased husbands Colt Pony and Mustang collection. Told her to at least put them on consignment or sell them outright. She wanted nothing to do with it. About 8 or so were sent to be melted.

Another time a guy was turning in a piece of junk he found while cleaning out his mothers basement. The funny thing was he wouldn't touch it. Had it wrapped in a t shirt and would only manipulate it through the shirt. Apparently he didn't want to get his fingerprints on it. (Que the PPD jokes )

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I tried that once with a women wanting to turn in her recently deceased husbands Colt Pony and Mustang collection. Told her to at least put them on consignment or sell them outright. She wanted nothing to do with it. About 8 or so were sent to be melted.
    Gentlemen (and ladies):

If you are not legally (or otherwise significantly) tied to another individual at this time, but wish to be (separate discussion), please endeavor to find one without a burning hatred for firearms. This is painful to read, and I am not even a collector.

I am also reminded of the FL man stopped in MD when the plate reader told the cops he had a gun. They asked "where is it", he said "home in the safe". Then they asked his wife, who said "I don't know, maybe in the console - I hate that thing", leading to a 2-hour detainment and a teardown of their SUV on the side of the road.

At the very least, if you connect yourself with someone who's not pro-gun, teach them to STFU around the popo...

My 2¢

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12