Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 43 out of favor?

I think the Glock 23 is the most comfortable semi auto carry gun I have ever used, and it is not lacking with its 13+1 .40.
    With regard to rectifying a short grip, if your little finger touches the handle but doesn't have enough to grab, switching to a wider back strap can rectify the problem without extending the grip length via a magazine grip extension.
    But the wider back strap won't solve the problem for extra short subcompact grips that miss your little finger entirely.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I feel the opposite.

I bought a XDs 9(single stack) just a month ago and I don't what I did without it. I like the lack of weight on my hip versus my other carry pieces. Less old-man hip aches, less pulling up my britches, smaller than my Rossi 720 44spl/1911/92FS.

I still have my pocket pieces, but they are seeing less duty time.
    I have been carrying a XDs 9 for a while. I really like it. It also see's quite a bit of range time. One of my favorites.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    If your double stack gun is too heavy just load less ammo in the magazine.
    ^This

We are not talking pocket guns here. And get your ass in shape and your pants won't fall down.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Centre County)

I was in much the same boat, so excited for the new single stack 9mm Glock when it came out so I ran off real quick and bought one. Got it to the house and began to realize that it's not all that much smaller than my trusty old 19, that it doesn't hold near as much ammo as my trusty old 19, and that it doesn't shoot anywhere near as well as my trusty old 19. I bought a nice holster, put some nice new sights on her, and prayed that I would start enjoying this gun. Well after more than 2 years of trying to love the G43, I walked into the LGS today and traded it on a nice used gray frame Glock 19 Gen. And guess what?!?!?! That fancy expensive holster that I bought for the 43, well it fits the 19 just fine. The Glock 43 just didn't do enough for me to stay in the carry rotation.

(Berks County)

The 43 was too late to gain overall traction. Fanboys jumped on it. Everbody else already had a single stack compac nine. I have a 43 for S&G. It has all glock + and -. Mostly glock trigger suck and reliable bang bang.

(Chester County)

I'm partial the S&W Shield 9 that holds 8+1. I put the Apex carry kit in it, and it's a really nice carry gun. I always carry an extra mag too, no matter how big or small of a gun I am carrying. I usually try to carry a full size gun (VP9, G19,P320 Carry), but if for some reason I don't want to, then I bring out my Shield.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Love my 43. Not sure i'd switch to anything else although i might try carrying something larger in the winter months (G19 or P320C) Magazine capacity doesn't really bother me. Every course I've done it seems to be always quoted "3 rounds in 3 seconds" as the average length of an armed encounter. I have the Pearce mag extensions mainly to extend the grip. Whenever i shoot this gun i'm always surprised at how manageable/accurate it is!

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

My 43 fits a high percentage of being carried everyday,accuracy,dependability and 7 + 1 with pearce extension !I just cant see buying any gun and then having to put in an APEX to make the gun more worthy !

(Wayne County)

No doubt Glock 43 is a good weapon, I own G21 45 acp but it's to hard to carry concealed, although in the winter I do carry it under a winter coat. Summer time I carry a Ruger LCPs concealed and in the Jeep I keep a 642 S&W Airweight with speed loaders for back up.

(Delaware County)

Not a Glock fan. You know, the old feels different? I did hold one at the LGS. I actually like it, but I already have a couple single stack 9s. Like someone else posted, Glock was just late getting to the party.
    I solved the ''heavy gun syndrome'' with a SafariLand paddle holster for my p239 and p226.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast