Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 43 out of favor?

I pocket carry a 43 daily, with a Taran Tactical +1 base pad on it boosting capacity to 7+1, and +2 extended mag or two for reloads. It fills exactly the same role that my LCP did, but with a much better caliber and its easier to shoot too.

(Bucks County)

I had a 43 and couldn't bring myself to like it. I both liked and loathed how thin it was. With my little girly hands, it fit very well. But being as this as it was, it directed all of the recoil to a very specific point and, IMO, was uncomfortable to shoot. Accuracy through me was also meh. I traded it towards a G26 and never looked back.

My 43 in addition to the pearce extensions I do have the Hogue Hand all Jr slip on grip,makes a big difference in grip and filling the hand a bit more. I do have another 43 coming my way for sale soon if anyone is interested.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I feel the opposite.

I bought a XDs 9(single stack) just a month ago and I don't what I did without it. I like the lack of weight on my hip versus my other carry pieces. Less old-man hip aches, less pulling up my britches, smaller than my Rossi 720 44spl/1911/92FS.

I still have my pocket pieces, but they are seeing less duty time.
    Yeah I agree with this.

Actually OP I have the same exact setup. Carried my Glock 19 half the time, and my LCP the other half. I got the 43 last year because I wanted something more stout then the LCP that I carried during the week. I paired it with a run of the mill kydex appendix IWB rig and it's been perfect. I also have a galco king tuk for it that I use but the ease of the kydex appendix rig is great. I can slip it on and off super easy leaving the pistol holstered which is what I wanted.

Now my LCP is my hidden bathroom gun and my carry is between the 19 and 43. Depends where I am going and how long I will be out for.

I just consider the LCP a point blank pocket pistol. If I ever had to make a shot at distance I would not have confidence. For me it's a "get the fuck off me and run" gun. I can make good shots with the 43 though, almost as accurate with that as I am with the 19.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123