Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Help with FB discussion

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Traffic stops are scary as hell. We've practiced them using simmunitions. It's a real eye opener when you're walking up to the driver's side window at an angle, and all you see is a firearm quickly pop out the window and shoot you in the head while you are 15 feet back. Our "role player" didn't even stick his head out the window to aim. He did a spray and pray.
    For my scenario, I was a "trunk monkey" with a sawed off shotgun. Right after the "Trooper" touched the trunk, the driver hit the trunk release and I sat up like Dracula in his coffin and let loose. The blanks were old black powder ones and the Trooper in the scenario was enveloped in a cloud of smoke as he stood there wide-eyed. Never had a chance to draw. The video was great, I wish I had a copy.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    When you are pulled over it is in your best interest to do what ever they tell you to do.
    I would resist (most likely, run) if any cop suggested the following:

1) Pull down your pants...
    2) Put this in your mouth...
    3) Follow me into the woods...

And most accordingly:

4) Slowly reach for your firearm and hand it to me (nope!!!! I'll just keep my hands on the steering wheel, thank you)

I'm serious. There are certain things worth risking your life for.....

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post

And most accordingly:

4) Slowly reach for your firearm and hand it to me (nope!!!! I'll just keep my hands on the steering wheel, thank you)

Um, worth risking your life for or against the above happening???? lol
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Don't marry!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Dauphin County)

This may be off topic but I was in a similar situation a little over a year ago. Here it is.

I was driving home from work in York off of Philadelphia St. I was working at the time as an unarmed security officer but had my ACT-235 and my LCTF. I also drove a decommissioned 2006 Dodge Charger police edition with a spotlight on the drivers post.

I was stopped at a stoplight and a York police officer pulled up behind me, got out of his marked truck and approached my open window. The light turned green but because the officer was approaching I did not move. When he got to my window he asked me to pull over, mind you he never put his lights on, but I complied, drove through the intersection and pulled into a parking lot near a bank. When he got out to talk to me after I was parked he told me he suspected me of impersonating a police officer the night before, and "I was pulling people over". First thing I said to him was that I was carrying and that I was legal to do so. I told him that it would be impossible for me to do what he said because I don't have any business being in York after I leave work. I also stated that I was up playing video games at my house until 11pm.

At this point he wanted my info, I gave him my DL, LTCF, ACT-235 card, insurance and registration. While he was running that info four other patrol cars showed up and one officer was staring at me through the passenger side window. They asked me to get out of the car, which I did carefully and I offered them my sidearm, which they removed from my holster to check if it was legal. The officers even wanted to inspect my car looking for prohibited lights or sirens, which I allowed them to do. After about 30 minutes the initial officer who stopped me said everything checked out but he still suspected me of a crime and that "I would be called by detectives at a later time".

Needless to say, that officer was a douche but he was just doing his job. I have no issues with the police because it's a hard job they have to do but this one could have showed a little decorum as I was nothing but honest and cooperative.

I never did receive a call. Sorry for that being so long but I wanted to give as much detail as possible without getting overly detailed.
    Last edited by spandexlurch; September 7th, 2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Correction

(Beaver County)

that was real life.
    the way it should happen is cop walks up to window and says, " you got a tail light out, better get it fixed"
    driver says" OK thanks I will"
    cop says, "have a nice night".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post

And most accordingly:

Who is that cop ? The motorcycle officer from the Village People ?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    With loud disruptive wife in the passenger seat, I'll be the first to ask the cop, if I can get the hell out of the car and continue conbersation in relative peace and quiet
    Maybe I have matured over the years, but I would rather not write a ticket if the operator seems to understand what they did wrong and sincerely will correct their driving habits. Now if the female passenger starts yelling "he got weed, he got weed!" That's another story

(Bucks County)

Here's how you deal with it...get off of FB.

I deleted my account 5 years ago, just don't have the time or energy to be a conservative mind on a liberal platform

Fook FB.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    ...I offered them my sidearm, which they removed from my holster to check if it was legal...
    You're new here, aren't you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast