Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hurricane and Ammo Sales at Walmart

Slightly off topic but

http://www.guns.com/2017/09/06/atf-w...urricane-irma/

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released an advisory Tuesday encouraging all federal licensed dealers in the storm’s potential path to “safeguard” their businesses by removing guns and ammo and important paperwork to a safer, drier location.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    So I am in the direct path of Hurricane Irma. The stores are completely out of almost anything. My neighbor just came back from Walmart and found that they have a sign on their glass ammo cabinet that they are not selling any ammo at this time even though they have ammo. I am not sure why this would be the case. I have read that Walmart has done this in the past when a government emergency is declared. Obviously no government restriction is on Walmart to cease ammunition sales and they are doing this on their own.
    Apparently there are government restrictions.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...know-gun-laws/

The state of Florida has very broad powers in the declaration of an emergency, and Governor Scott has already done so. Chapter 252 says what the state can and cannot do, but the local and state government can restrict your right to buy firearms if you don’t have any already.

FS 252.36 – Emergency Management Powers of the Governor

(5)(h): Suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives, and combustibles. However, nothing contained in ss. 252.31-252.90 shall be construed to authorize the seizure, taking, or confiscation of firearms that are lawfully possessed, unless a person is engaged in the commission of a criminal act.

This makes sense to me. It's a State of Emergency. Any sound common sense person who values being an armed lawful American should have what he or she needs in the event of an emergency well before the bells and whistles go off.
    I know there are many here that don't want or feel any need to be told what to do by any entity of government period. However............responsible gun owners are no where near a majority of the population and this is especially true in urban areas. When the proverbial kaka hits the fan and the fan is on hyper speed, food, shelter & water plus getting out of harms way, (open roads and gasoline), are what is needed. State and local government is needed to assist in this. After the event, if you and your loved ones are OK, then protecting yourself and your property can take precedence. (If any property is left). I would rather see looters grabbing cellphones and TV's than more ammo and more guns after a catastrophic event. After Irma passes, (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday), you'll see looting happening all over Florida in areas hard hit. Gangbangers and other dregs did not evacuate. They will also be the first to bitch at the TV cameras that no one is taking care of them. I wouldn't want to be a LEO in this day and age.!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Mifflin County)

I agree, if you waited for the storm to hit and then decide its time for an ammo run , you are not to bright !

(Indiana County)

So Walmart was just following the law.

But yeah, lets jump to conclusions and motherfuck them instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123