(Delaware County)

Default Re: CMP M1

Will Do.

(Delaware County)

Will do.

(Lackawanna County)

I bought 2 ea "service grades" in 2006. I think they were $600-650 each. Both were in the 6m range and except for some character on the stock were in great shape. The metal on both showed very little wear. They are display rifles*, as I have another M1 I shoot.

*for now. One has a grenade launcher w/ an M11 practice, the other has a clip point bayonet. I'll be going to the MVPA Vehicle Show and Flea Market on the 15th to shop for some other attachments.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Drive 9 hours to the CMP north store. It's a fun road trip. I am a bit closer, but make it over there a few times a year.

(Delaware County)

The item arrived Friday.
    Looks great, Will post pictures soon.
    Looking into serial Numbers and such.
    It's a Springfield, my boy checked the number and thinks it was build Jan 1944.
    More info to come.
    Very happy.

(Monroe County)

Watched a video recently on YouTube made in 2017 at the CMP North Store. Unfortunately the person operating the camera / phone was clueless about making a coherent video so it was hard to discern much. What was noticed is how diminished is the stock of rifles for sale. The prices, which were hard to see due to the poor quality imagery looked very high.

Does CMP have any "service" grade or "usable" M1 Garand rifles for sale anymore?

There is still that return of several thousand M1 rifles from the Philippines in the pipeline somewhere. Even when that finally pans out, the two big questions are . . . What condition are these rifles?

And . . . Will the CMP pricing being even in a range that reasonable?
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    Watched a video recently on YouTube made in 2017 at the CMP North Store. Unfortunately the person operating the camera / phone was clueless about making a coherent video so it was hard to discern much. What was noticed is how diminished is the stock of rifles for sale. The prices, which were hard to see due to the poor quality imagery looked very high.

Does CMP have any "service" grade or "usable" M1 Garand rifles for sale anymore?

There is still that return of several thousand M1 rifles from the Philippines in the pipeline somewhere. Even when that finally pans out, the two big questions are . . . What condition are these rifles?

And . . . Will the CMP pricing being even in a range that reasonable?
    They still have service grades for $730 through the mail.

I'm with you on the mixmasters. I picked mine out at the North store. It's a 1944 SA with a near-new 1955 SA barrel and an H&R stock that doesn't match the color of the handguard. I love that it's been used, and it's just the way it last left the armory. That's exactly what I wanted - nice condition, used and 100% GI. I'd be very disappointed with the new CMP wood that many of the guns come with now.

(Delaware County)

Trying to upload
    Telling me " file is too large.
    I'm sure I'm, doing something, but I have no idea what.
    Last edited by DonBiase; October 24th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12