Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurricane Irma

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurricane Irma

Why don't they have enough equipment on hand for the manpower that they have?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Why don't they have enough equipment on hand for the manpower that they have?
    The U.S. Virgin Islands National Guard consists of the:
    Virgin Islands Army National Guard [2] 661st Military Police Company

Virgin Islands Air National Guard [3] 285th Civil Engineering Squadron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin...National_Guard

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lancaster County)

They're a U.S. Territory. I don't think the constitution applies to those motherfuckers

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    The U.S. Virgin Islands National Guard consists of the:
    Virgin Islands Army National Guard [2] 661st Military Police Company

Virgin Islands Air National Guard [3] 285th Civil Engineering Squadron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin...National_Guard
    All of that sounds as if they should have a half decent armory between those entities.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(York County)

"Any other property" in that EO might be the worst part.

I'm assuming tractors, dozers, backhoes, irrigation pumps, large generators, construction tools, off-road trucks, stockpiles of food and medicine would be very important in the aftermath rescue and recovery effort. Those items sound alot like "any other property", don't they.

Imagine using that equipment to dig out your neighboorhood, and the gov't rolls up and decides "they" need it elsewhere and seize it. What do you do?

(Berks County)

I 3rd or 4th it that they should have all that stuff already, or maybe not...depends on their needs on a day to day basis. Ever see what GA has for snow removal equipment? It's downright funny. They have to try to be practical with what they have. I don't see this as a blanket, "We're going to take your guns", I see it as permission to take whatever they need. In times of war the gubment has taken over cruise liners for war use, I see this as that in a way. They'll more likely be commandeering generators.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why would the National Guard need those items to respond? Aren't they already stocked with those items?
    We are prohibited by army (federal) regulations from keeping ammo in our armories. Has to be kept at a designated ammo supply point.

Ask me about how we've wrecked trucks because we had to move where we planned to park our trucks. You see, if the fence touched a building we don't have to have security....

but if it was a free standing (four sided) fence, we would have to have 24/7 security. Presence of a person in the building does not matter.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    They're a U.S. Territory. I don't think the constitution applies to those motherfuckers
    That is exactly what the Earp Brothers thought.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They'll more likely be commandeering generators.
    Agreed.

The question is would you give yours up easily?

If I didn't really need it, sure. But if I and my family, neighbors were depending in it, and the gov't decided to take it, I'd make sure they received a non-functional unit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast