Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: So you shot someone in self defense... Now What

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    1: When the police show up, don't be mistaken for a bad guy, so holster your weapon if possible.

2: Memorize this line, "I'll be more then happy to make a statement once my attorney is with me" and just keep repeating that line until the police stop asking you questions.

3: SHUT UP and let the police do their job. Don't try to explain yourself, don't talk, just shut up, call your attorney. Sure, you might spend the night in jail, you did just shoot someone, but let your attorney do his job.
    I don't know where I heard this and I hope a lawyer will chime in but...I heard that all you have to do it tell the police ONE TIME that you need to consult a lawyer and any further questioning is null and void.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't know where I heard this and I hope a lawyer will chime in but...I heard that all you have to do it tell the police ONE TIME that you need to consult a lawyer and any further questioning is null and void.
    according to law and order on TV, yes, that is correct. in real life, i don't believe this is always the case.

www.lawofselfdefense.com (Full Disclosure: I have no financial interest in Branca's company. I am however a graduate of his LOSD Instructor Program, and I do have a financial interest in any teaching that I would do within the context of that training). Mods: delete or move this post if required.

TB605

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I believe that is only if you are under arrest. Detained as a material witness to a shooting, they can keep asking.

(Cumberland County)

I've been reading the forum for a long time. Has there ever been a member that has had something like this happen? Has there been a member who actually shot someone in defense?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    I've been reading the forum for a long time. Has there ever been a member that has had something like this happen? Has there been a member who actually shot someone in defense?
    If they did they heeded the advice..."Stop posting".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    Pretty sure even with the number of posters here (that even carry all the time) the answer is NO. We all like to think we are prepared and can take care of things if they happen...........But the reality is its extremely rare that anything will happen if you are a law abiding citizen and don't hang around in the ghetto or with gangsters.

Sure........murders, auto wrecks, fatal accidents, drownings, cancer, lightning bolts from the sky, and all kinds of bad things happen. Just don't get too upset about it.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Pretty sure even with the number of posters here (that even carry all the time) the answer is NO. We all like to think we are prepared and can take care of things if they happen...........But the reality is its extremely rare that anything will happen if you are a law abiding citizen and don't hang around in the ghetto or with gangsters.

Sure........murders, auto wrecks, fatal accidents, drownings, cancer, lightning bolts from the sky, and all kinds of bad things happen. Just don't get too upset about it.
    That's what I was thinking too. It seems like this just never happens. It reminds me of how the police around our small towns act on edge like they are going to get shot at every traffic stop. I'd like to know when the last time was one got shot at, I suspect the answer is never. We spend so much time and money thinking about the right ammo, the right gun, the right training, all for this mystical event that thankfully never comes. I wonder if everyone spends as much time and effort eating good food and exercising? The two things that are much more likely to kill you.

May I suggest that the larger share of the comments in this thread about the topic reflects a substantial need for the posters to get themselves trained in the reality of the management of the use of force. It's the old saw: "you don't know what you don't know." And most of ya'll are in serious need of learning before you start posting as to what the OP should do, or anybody else for that matter. Couple of good sites for such training are: www.lawofselfdefense.com and www.massadayoobgroup.com. And since the majority of you are in need of exposure to some real world experience in aftermath effects, Google "Spencer Newcomer."

TB605
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; September 7th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    And since the majority of you are in need of exposure to some real world experience in aftermath effects, Google "Spencer Newcomer."
    How much did Spencer's "not guilty" verdict cost him?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast