Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: So you shot someone in self defense... Now What

Cost him? How about his "life." And how about almost a full year in solitary for protective custody purposes!! And a judge who precluded bail!! DiscoveryInvestigative division of Discovery Channel did a segment on him IIRC. Ayoob as well did a podcast on him. I was privileged to meet him at a Mag40 class Ayoob ran at Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers 3-4 years back. There is no second place winner, even if you happen to win the gunfight. And this is the reality faced by private citizens who use deadly force. While you may not be carried by 6, your life during and after having been judged by 12 will be a major challenge. End of the day, better to have the challenge, but for goodness sake, don't rely upon a public defender as your primary counsel; or your real estate lawyer; or this website commentary as to surviving that challenge. Especially don't rely upon the bullshite of the commentary in this thread as to how to negotiate the initial contact w/ 911 and shortly (or not) thereafter, arriving LE. If you do rely upon those pieces of crap tidbits of info, it will be at your own peril. And I'm willing to bet that GunLawyer and the other legal beagles on here know exactly what I'm talking about. And FWIW, I came as close to the Elephant as I'll ever want to be, and the scumbag who invaded the bank that rainy morning 13 years ago, now, almost to the day, made the best decision in his sorry f'g life he ever made: he did not enter the side room where I was, shall we say, "ready."
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; September 7th, 2017 at 06:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Let me add this to my post: for those of you interested in the issues I've mentioned above, on Sept 9 at West Shore Sportsmen in Lewisberry, PA, there is a class offered in just this content. I know both attorneys personally. both are card carrying good guys. Both are shooters. and, despite being with the PD, they are excellent attorneys, one an appellate attorney, the other, a trial attorney. I don't know who else is teaching with them. The thread is located in the Training section here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=324233

I am in no way affiliated with this group and derive no $ compensation from their class or from this "plug" for them. They are in fact my competition.

TB605

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    Cost him? How about his "life." And how about almost a full year in solitary for protective custody purposes!!
    Not all costs are measured in dollars (:

You'll note that I did NOT ask, "How much money did Spencer's "not guilty" verdict cost him?"

Did I mention $$$ anywhere in my post? ??????

(Bucks County)

Lots of good legal advice, however let me offer my civilian and somewhat experienced take.
    First, make sure the attacker is dead. No need for conflicting stories.
    Next call 911, immediately followed by a call to your lawyer. If you don't have one, get one before you need him or her.
    Finally, say nothing to the police unless your attorney is present. I love the cops and my family is loaded with cops and ex cops.
    They are NOT your friends, and anything you say while excited will definitely be taken the wrong way and used against you.
    Again, returning to point one...make sure the motherfooker and his cohorts if any are dead.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Make sure the attacker is dead? How about, he's down and out of the fray, but not dead? Ya gonna walk up and do a head shot? You gotta be f'g kidding me.

(Bucks County)

I am not. But I didn't post this, some bot did it in my name.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I hope you contacted the mods in that case.

(Bucks County)

Make sure the attacker is dead? How about, he's down and out of the fray, but not dead? Ya gonna walk up and do a head shot? You gotta be f'g kidding me.
    Do not ever shoot someone in the head! Center of mass only. If your paranoid imagine what the prosecutor will saw about you having the time to aim and shoot him squarely between the eyes.

For the situation you described that is why you should always carry a plastic garbage bag tucked under your holster............You are a newbie but everyone here does that.

(Lancaster County)

Easy. Chest compressions help the fucker bleed out. All while talking to the scumbag in a soothing voice reassuring that it'll be alright

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast