Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: So you shot someone in self defense... Now What

No way am I going to detail what I would do on a public forum......for a variety of reasons. But I am happy to watch and learn from everyone else.

(Beaver County)

If it was me I would (redacted).

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    No way am I going to detail what I would do on a public forum......for a variety of reasons. But I am happy to watch and learn from everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    If it was me I would (redacted).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Stop posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

Ninja - Vanish

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    This happened in Bucks county. This was years ago and thinking about it more I am not clear if I could not hang up or once I did I immediately got a callback. (sorry about that)

Even if I was wrong about not being able to hang up your number shouldl immediately be logged and they will know who you are.

Right?
    If you are calling from an activated cell phone or a landline, yes, caller subscriber information is logged. But this information is protected to a degree. You could always get a burner cell phone

Ironically every time I call 911 about an incident on the Interstates in Philadelphia and get transferred to the PSP 911 answering point, they verbally ask for all of my information. Name, phone number, etc.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Well if you read the first paragraph of the post you qouted you would see why I added the injury part. Maybe you can draw your piece and put a few good kill shot on target before someone can run 10 ft, but the average shooter can't.... Not even close. I regularly practice my draw and I think I'm around 15 feet.

It might be a regional thing? That's what I was told was the SOP by instructors and law enforcement. Haven't confirmed with any paramedics, but I don't talk to any locally.

Your last paragraph, I think I misinterpreted everything I said. I have no problem divulging information regarding medical treatment. I think I included that in my first post. But anything more, is not relevant to giving medical treatment and is up to my lawyer to determine how I should word. As far as giving information regarding information treatment of the said assailant, I have no problem with that..... But the question I have is: what information could I possibly give a paramedic that would help them give medical treatment to someone I just shot, that can't be easily found? I wouldn't even be able to tell them how many times I shot the assailant... Let alone where or what kind of treatment they should receive.
    We could go all over the place with "what ifs?"

I was responding strictly to the OPs scenario:

It's 4am and you're on your way to the job and you go to get in the car and someone out of nowhere pulls a knife or a gun but you get the drop on him and put 3 in his chest

Now what?

(Monroe County)

Sounds like to much work, just move to PRNY, PRNJ, PRMD, PRCA etc... etc and you don't have to worry about shooting anyone you just have to know how to lay still as they do the chalk outline and put you in the cooler till your family picks up the body. Zero paperwork or legal bills for you and you don't have to worry about making pesky statements..

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    We could go all over the place with "what ifs?"

I was responding strictly to the OPs scenario:

It's 4am and you're on your way to the job and you go to get in the car and someone out of nowhere pulls a knife or a gun but you get the drop on him and put 3 in his chest

Now what?
    no you responded by saying that you thought my post (which contained zero "what ifs" btw) was pure sarcasm. I replied that it was 100% serious and gave the thought and reasoning behind it, and even gave the basis of which I get my response from (my own experiences, others experiences, common sense, the SOP of other agencies, etc).

You were polite enough to give the basis of your reason, in which I politely mentioned it might be a regional thing, in which both theories would make sense.

You assumed (you know the preverbal saying about assuming right?) that I would not give any information to help give medical treatment to the assailant. I simply asked, what information could I give?

and now you are deflecting my question.

This reminds me of a thread on the same subject that I started once:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=263960

My only concern was "who is going to clean up this bloody mess?"
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    1: When the police show up, don't be mistaken for a bad guy, so holster your weapon if possible.

2: Memorize this line, "I'll be more then happy to make a statement once my attorney is with me" and just keep repeating that line until the police stop asking you questions.

3: SHUT UP and let the police do their job. Don't try to explain yourself, don't talk, just shut up, call your attorney. Sure, you might spend the night in jail, you did just shoot someone, but let your attorney do his job.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast