Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Why I (you) haven't been shooting lately.

I spent the weekend at the Rust Belt IDPA shoot. Had to work at the shoot and was not able to compete.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

My life doesn't revolve around shooting. But I was at the west PA machine gun shoot yesterday.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    If you too seem to be devoting less time to the hobby/addiction let's hear why....What situations/events cut into your trigger time or keep you away from the hobby from time to time?
    I have other shit to do.

If I am not sleeping, working, engaged in daily essential activity (eating, bathing, using the restroom, dealing with bills, shopping, etc.), playing with or educating offspring, spending time with the wife, maintaining the house or vehicles, or doing home projects, and I am not on a trip, I am either out of time time for the day, have free time during hours not conducive to shooting, or simply too damned tired to do much of anything.

Most of my weekend was spent doing home projects....and my list of home projects is so extensive, I could work on them full-time for a year and still not be done.

I haven't been PMSC at all this year, or last year. I think the last time I was there was sometime in summer of 2015...and it was just the one time.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I have other shit to do.

If I am not sleeping, working, engaged in daily essential activity (eating, bathing, using the restroom, dealing with bills, shopping, etc.), playing with or educating offspring, spending time with the wife, maintaining the house or vehicles, or doing home projects, and I am not on a trip, I am either out of time time for the day, have free time during hours not conducive to shooting, or simply too damned tired to do much of anything.

Most of my weekend was spent doing home projects....and my list of home projects is so extensive, I could work on them full-time for a year and still not be done.

I haven't been PMSC at all this year, or last year. I think the last time I was there was sometime in summer of 2015...and it was just the one time.
    Projects do get in the way.
    Repainting my foundation is mostly done so I think a few days of dry weather will cover that.

My neighbors water heater is just a few hours but I'm looking at doing a bathroom repipe job.
    Archery starts on Sat but I try waiting till it gets a bit cooler. These high 40 mornings are perfect till 10 or so.

I'm using less prep time for teaching. This will be my last year so the FNG can expend more time prepping.
    That's only once a week in evenings so its not too big of a hit for shooting.
    The related Science class is every other week so it also doesn't bear too much on shooting time.

I'm changing some steel and rewelding some targets for mine and group shoot pleasure.

I'm also fabbing a steel deer hanging pole which will involve digging, forming, concreting and erecting up north.

Generally, the way it happens is I get up one morning, say fuck it, heading to the range, throw some stuff together and head to PMSC for 4 or 5 hours.
    That will likely happen when I get 2 of these targets reworked.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lancaster County)

It's only going to get harder for me to get out shooting soon as my outdoor range closes at sunset and that's going to start getting earlier and earlier.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

[I]
    Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Generally, the way it happens is I get up one morning, say fuck it, heading to the range, throw some stuff together and head to PMSC for 4 or 5 hours.
    Yeah, it doesn't help that it is so far away. Gotta figure at least 2 hours for travel time. Why bother traveling for 2 hours if you're not gonna be there for at least 2 hours. So that's 4. Then you have to prep & load up and unload when you get home. That's AT LEAST another hour. So that's 5.

As I see it, the minimum time window required to go shooting is 5 hours. That means it HAS to occur on a weekend (for me). Good luck coming up with 5 hours on a weekend to go fuck off.

(Mercer County)

Shoot 3 times a week and been for years; retired and since retiring I find it harder to make the time to get to the range (don't know how I ever made the time to work). Since I am rural and can go out to the back porch and shoot on my 50 yard range legally or drive about 5 miles to the club to use the ranges there.

I am now shooting a Coonan Compact mainly as I want to use it for a carry gun after I am done shaking it down. Will put it into a rotation with 10mm & .38 Super carry autos.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

just wanted to add. if i haul ass, i can get to the range and get about an hour before work. but i basically got to wake up dressed. then have to stow the rifle in the car all day.
    i love t spend relaxing time at the range, alone. but i also view shooting as a requirement to maintain and hopefully build skills. then again, if i shoot all my ammo up, when shtf, won't really have use for those skills...

did you wash kitty's paws after? cement isn't exceptional for their feet.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post

did you wash kitty's paws after? cement isn't exceptional for their feet.
    Did not. I know it's not good for them.
    I got a bucket to.put some water in it and he was gone.
    Came back about 4 AM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Did not. I know it's not good for them.
    I got a bucket to.put some water in it and he was gone.
    Came back about 4 AM.
    can't blame 'em. it's not the end of the world. lol
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567