Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Colt AR

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I beg to differ with you Sir. PSA is NOT the same quality as Colt. Installed parts are only batch gauged. I don't believe I've ever seen an MP test stamp on any of their barrels, bolts, etc.

To the OP: $899.00 is pretty much brick and mortar store retail just now.
    I've got a Palmetto build where everything is proofed. They certainly have several quality levels.

As for the price, too late to take it back, just go have fun with it.

Thanks for making me feel good guys... I saw them at other brick and mortar places for 999-1099. Academy had the "colt m4 expanse" for $750 but it's my understanding that it's not a true colt. I think it had a cheaper barrel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I've got a Palmetto build where everything is proofed. They certainly have several quality levels.

As for the price, too late to take it back, just go have fun with it.
    The PSA premium line is held to the same (rather low) milspec standards as the Colts are. Apparently FN can't make a good barrel even though they are making all the current M4s for the military, instead of Colt.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I beg to differ with you Sir. PSA is NOT the same quality as Colt. Installed parts are only batch gauged. I don't believe I've ever seen an MP test stamp on any of their barrels, bolts, etc.

To the OP: $899.00 is pretty much brick and mortar store retail just now.
    PSA premium line is exactly the same as Colt minus rollmarks. We are not talking about their cheap freedom line carbine which can be purchased for $480. And will shoot same groups as Colt at 50 yards BTW. Paying retail in a rock bottom market is also not a good investment. IMHO and I can be wrong this rifle would have been a much better investment. Only $150 more than colt but so much more in features.
    http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/troy-ca...scaral114bt00/

to OP
    enjoy your rifle regardless. I myself did plenty of compulsive gun purchases overpaying sometimes.....
    Last edited by BB MBD; September 3rd, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

(Delaware County)

Ignore the naysayers...you can't go wrong with a Colt...any of them. I would add another one once you enjoy shooting this one. I own several and have never been dissapointed in the performance.

Buying one will lead to another and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Ignore the naysayers...you can't go wrong with a Colt...any of them. I would add another one once you enjoy shooting this one. I own several and have never been dissapointed in the performance.

Buying one will lead to another and so on...
    For sure. I'm happy with my purchase, no buyers remorse here. I'm already restocking the piggy bank for some accessories and sooner than later a new toy.

I was getting some good info over at m4carbine(dot)net as well as here but got temporarily banned until sept 11 from the former. Evidently my method of posting ruffled some feathers over there.

What would be the best thing to get for a flashlight attatchmeng for the colt 6720? I'm partial to Fenix flashlights that use 18650 rechargeable since that's what I use for work (pd35) but am open to suggestions on lights as well.

Where's the best (cheapest) place to get .223 or 5.56? I'm also saving for a reloading machine but it may be a little while because I don't want to skimp on quality in that department or really any department of firearms.

Currently I'm paying ~40 cents per round and that my friends gets 'spensive.

For ammo I usually order from SGammo or Palmetto State Armory.

Lots of options for mounting lights. You have more mounting options if you ditch the round handguard and go with a Magpul Mlok or SL handguard. Then you can mount rail sections, direct mount to the slot or use an SMC light mount from IWC. I use the SMC mount from IWC because it can use a standard flashlight, just get the one for the body diameter your light is.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...t/light-mount/

(Allegheny County)

The prices are a little dated due to the current low price trend, but the premise is sound.
    Buy your first - build the rest the way you want them to be.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Wolf Gold .223 is going to be the best deal for .223 you'll find. Sportsman's Guide almost always has it for under 30 cents/Rd, along with many other sellers

(Wayne County)

South Carolina got no Walmart stores?
    My advise - research first. Now I'm not surprised - you are overpaying for everything.
    .40 cents for 5.56 I haven't paid in years. Heck green tip M855 ammo cost less than that for a year already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast