Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teal

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Teal

Me and a buddy were in a shop this past Saturday and I spotted a few oddly colored pistols in the display case.There were a few teal looking guns but I did not take note of the make and model.They reminded me of bars of soap.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(York County)

Yeah, I built her a pink AR for her 18th birthday, but I think she would have preferred teal.

(Perry County)

I know you said besides aftermarket but I'm going crap on your thread and push my friend's shop. He does some nice work.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

You know your daughters experience level and ability to treat a firearm in a safe manner. I have no doubt that if you had any concerns you would address them directly with her. When the time comes for me to talk license to carry firearms with my kids I sincerely hope the color of the weapon doesn't come up. It's not hard to imagine what can go wrong if someone wants to show off their cool new teal gun to friends.
    Last edited by bripro; August 30th, 2017 at 04:38 AM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Cumberland County)

Good luck. My daughters first pistol was a Charter Arms Pink Lady in 32 mag., and her first AR was a Colt Muddy girl. A girly girl that likes to shoot with Dad - priceless with any color
    I am seriously considering the Kimber Bel-Air for my daughters next pistol - nice looking for a girly girl "Tiffany like" pistol ! If your daughter wants a single action semi - it's sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    You know your daughters experience level and ability to treat a firearm in a safe manner. I have no doubt that if you had any concerns you would address them directly with her. When the time comes for me to talk license to carry firearms with my kids I sincerely hope the color of the weapon doesn't come up. It's not hard to imagine what can go wrong if someone wants to show off their cool new teal gun to friends.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

he color is actually called Tiffany Blue.

A Ruger LC9s or LC380 would be a good gun for her.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100707843
    Last edited by alpacaheat; August 29th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

My suggestion would be to find her a gun she's comfortable with first...let her handle a ton of them in a shop if you can't get her on a range. Make sure she likes the size, grip and can manipulate all of the controls and rack the slide easily. If it's not available in her color, get it cerakoted. You could even buy a used one and cerakote to look brand new to offset the cost.

Function, safety and comfort are more important than color.

Tell her she'll get her "teal" gun, but it has to be one she'll want to shoot...and CAN shoot.

For instance, Taurus makes a cute little teal TCP, but that would be a horrible gun for her with the recoil.

Personally, I recommend a Ruger LC380 (not LCP 380) or LC9 if she can handle the 9mm recoil. It's the same frame, very concealable and easy to use. My wife carries one.

Don't mix it up with the smaller LCP.
    LCP 380 = a lot of recoil.
    LC380 = almost no felt recoil.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; August 29th, 2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

funny, back in the day we had roses, flowers, even pixies and hearts engraved on ladies pistols, pearl or ivory like grips, on chrome. I almost bought a Walther PPK engraved for my wife, she didn't like the controls on it.
    LadySmiths were a thing for a while. In suckerpunch, Babydolls 1911 pistol was cool, with the charms hanging off the lanyard loop on the mainspring housing. Cute colors might be the in thing these days, but nothing says classic like some gorgeous engraving and some nice grips. Just saying
    Last edited by bigandy1966; August 29th, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My suggestion would be to find her a gun she's comfortable with first...let her handle a ton of them in a shop if you can't get her on a range. Make sure she likes the size, grip and can manipulate all of the controls and rack the slide easily. If it's not available in her color, get it cerakoted. You could even buy a used one and cerakote to look brand new to offset the cost.

Function, safety and comfort are more important than color.
    This ! You can cerakote it later. to personalize it for her. Personally not a fan of bright colored guns, they look too much like toys IMO, and might attract little kids to play with it. However I understand wanting a pistol that is "yours" and makes a statement about YOU. The Kimber "Bel-air" Is a good looking pistol but reminds me of kitchen appliances from the late 50's ...
    Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    This ! You can cerakote it later. to personalize it for her. Personally not a fan of bright colored guns, they look too much like toys IMO, and might attract little kids to play with it. However I understand wanting a pistol that is "yours" and makes a statement about YOU. The Kimber "Bel-air" Is a good looking pistol but reminds me of kitchen appliances from the late 50's ...
    Cb
    It's also very expensive.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast