Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Self defense against dogs, holy smokes this sounds terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'll see that and raise you one.

Lol! Look at that little asshole go!

A recent article. It's a shame that the guy with gun had to be hesitant about shooting the dog with the gun. A person is being torn apart and he had to be worried about the consequences of getting involved.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-pho...-what-happened
    PHOENIX - One of the victims in a vicious dog attack over the weekend is recounting the terrifying moments.

Suzanne James, 51, says she is recovering from a broken foot and deep puncture wounds all over her body.

"I thought I was going to die," James said. "One was on one end and one was on the other, they were just all having like a frenzy, like a tug of war on me."

Authorities said five dogs were involved in the attack and they also attacked their owner, who was also taken to the hospital.

Authorities were called to the area of 35th Avenue and Beardsley Road around 4:30 p.m. Saturday after receiving reports of a dog attack.

James told ABC15 she went to visit her neighbor, ironically to see if he needed dog food. When a chair she was sitting in gave way, it startled the dogs and they attacked.

"The big male dog was there and so he attacked me," James said. "I guess I screamed and then the rest of them were coming from all angles at me."

"Veteran firefighters tell me that there were chunks of skin, chunks of flesh being chewed out of them," Phoenix Fire captain Rob McDade said on Saturday.

During the incident, neighbors rushed outside to help the victims and at least one neighbor shot at the dogs with a shotgun, officials said.

Neighbor Nicholas Reed was among the people who tried to help the pair.

"I kept asking him, what should I do — should I shoot them?" Reed explained. "He kept saying 'Yes, shoot them, shoot them, shoot them!'"

Reed then shot one of the dogs.

"I wasn't sure if I was going to get in trouble with the police or not," Reed said. "I'm a single father of two so I didn't want to cause any problems for me or my family or my kids."

"So thankful," James said of Reed's actions. "When I get out...I [will] thank him so much."

James told ABC15 she will remain in the hospital for at least the next few days.

Maricopa County Animal Care and Control said the dog that was shot died at the scene. A spokesperson described the dogs as a Shepherd mix.

Two other dogs were surrendered to Animal Care and Control and euthanized. The agency plans to go to court over the remaining two.

(Chester County)

I'm a dog lover, but would have no problem caving in the skulls of those attacking dogs with a Louisville Slugger... bystanders would nickname me "Negan".

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Had a border collie mix that did the same with our cat (a stray that showed up at the house and never left). They'd romp and frolic, but when I had to empty a cyst that the cat got on its head, the dog went to clean out the wound, and the cat let him. Best buddies.
    Thats a cool story.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Had a border collie mix that did the same with our cat (a stray that showed up at the house and never left). They'd romp and frolic, but when I had to empty a cyst that the cat got on its head, the dog went to clean out the wound, and the cat let him. Best buddies.
    Usually those feline cysts fill up, blow up, repeat until they get a $100 visit with the vet for some antibiotics. Did that dog's saliva fix it for good?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

Those dogs all need to be put down. Just like a dog on a ranch or farm that attacks chickens. Once they have tasted the chicken, they will keep trying to kill them, Only thing you can do is to shoot them before they kill all the chickens.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Those dogs all need to be put down. Just like a dog on a ranch or farm that attacks chickens. Once they have tasted the chicken, they will keep trying to kill them, Only thing you can do is to shoot them before they kill all the chickens.
    What if they attack other things that taste like chicken? Do they still go after the chickens?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What if they attack other things that taste like chicken? Do they still go after the chickens?
    I think all the frogs out there feel disrespected... they believe that chicken tastes like frogs legs.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Usually those feline cysts fill up, blow up, repeat until they get a $100 visit with the vet for some antibiotics. Did that dog's saliva fix it for good?
    Never had that problem again.

(Indiana County)

It's not the dogs, it's the owners and how they were raised.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123