Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Went back to old school carry

Prior I was carrying semi auto for CC. Lately, I just felt the urge to go back to what I was trained with and what I feel most comfortable. I wanted something concealable yet powerful. I now carry a Taurus 605 SS revolver. It only holds 5 rounds but they are .357. It shoots really well and I use the .357 mag Critical Defense rounds. I was not sure about Taurus as I used to only carry S&W revolvers. Looking at the new Taurus it seems very well made, has a great double action pull and fits in any J frame holster. I know most of y'all on this site carry semi-autos especially the younger folk, but I wanted to go back to a revolver.

(Fulton County)

Default Re: Went back to old school carry

I'm a young guy (26 years old), but I still carry a small J frame S&W 637 in .38 special during the warmer months. I also carry a 686 SSR in .357 magnum in a shoulder holster during the winter months, and use my J frame as a backup gun. However, I purchased a Glock 19 last fall, and I'll most likely opt for that in a shoulder holster this winter. I will always carry a J frame revolver in my pocket as a backup gun though. Nothing beats the reliability of a revolver IMO.

(Montgomery County)

I carried a 5 shot 38 for over 20 years on my own time.
    But when Islamists were imported by Obama at unprecedented levels, and Islamist mass murder became more prevalent, I went higher capacity.
    It used to be that the most likely defensive encounter would be an assault, robbery, or break in, and I carried accordingly.
    Now that pre-planned, religiously sanctioned, Islamist mass murder is on the rise worldwide, it is more prudent to be better trained and better armed than years past.
    It's a shame though, because for power and reliability, you can't do much better than a 357 revolver.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Where's the picture of the kid holding a revolver and a 30 round clip under the grip, backwards.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I carried a 5 shot 38 for over 20 years on my own time.
    But when Islamists were imported by Obama at unprecedented levels, and Islamist mass murder became more prevalent, I went higher capacity.
    It used to be that the most likely defensive encounter would be an assault, robbery, or break in, and I carried accordingly.
    Now that pre-planned, religiously sanctioned, Islamist mass murder is on the rise worldwide, it is more prudent to be better trained and better armed than years past.
    It's a shame though, because for power and reliability, you can't do much better than a 357 revolver.
    Honestly, the rise of ISIS is partially what prompted me to purchase a Glock 19. I'll still carry my .38 as a backup gun though; just in case.

(Berks County)

I carry a 640-1 with crimson trace laser grip. 357 should be enough. I only see terrorists on tv. Not saying it couldn't happen around me, but if I was batteling terrorists I'd like a rifle. I'm not against high cap at all, mostly just easier to grab what's already holstered and ready to go.

(Dauphin County)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

now ^That would solve a lot of the collateral casualties when thugs get into a pissing contest. Bring back dueling . let a couple of idiots go at it with swords or pistols at dawn under the bridge.

j-frame EDC 99% of the time.
    There is something satisfying about the ease and reliability of a wheel gun.

(Lackawanna County)

I often carry a Taurus 617. 7 rounds of 357.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast