Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Best Shooting Range Around- Guardian Training Center

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    That's not your spidey sense, that's your dicktat.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That's not your spidey sense, that's your dicktat.
    Twenty seven words barely fit.

It's still a bit itchy.

(Bucks County)

First post, bragging about a place that does not have the best reputation seems a bit fishy lol

(Bucks County)

IDK about reputation. I've taken a class a month from them since they opened, and I think highly of the training staff and curriculum. Plus it's an indoor training center with a well appointed shoothouse 20 minutes from my house. YMMV.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Range - Guardian Training Center Warminster, PA

I have shot at all of the local SE PA indoor ranges and Guardian is top notch. I joined last weekend (Gold membership) after my first trip there, then I proceeded to go three days in a row. I attended their course of fire event Monday, it was moving and shooting and it was excellent. I was one of only two shooters (two staff were with us). I can verify that the techniques for moving and shooting as well as transitioning from hand to hand with a pistol were all the same techniques taught at the Sig Sauer Academy. I will be going two times a week...

Guardian TC is a well run range and the shop prices were reasonable. I am of the opinion that my Gold membership has a fantastic ROI for me and my budget. The ranges are well run and the staff are professional.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

I visited this range for the first time today. Having read some bad reviews I was apprehensive. I arrived with very few people there and was greeted by 3 different employees. Walking in was enough of an uneasy feeling. The place is clean, meticulous and way above most places I have been. The appearance of most employees (beards, tactical type clothing) was almost as intimidating and I expected a poor experience. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Jim showed me around. Not at all rushed. The place is amazing. 2 different employees told me about membership packages, but no hard sell. Jim referenced many times the willingness for people to assist in training, but I never go the bragging feeling from them.

I spent some time at the gun counter looking at sights, and lights. Small ticket items. There was clearly 2 different regulars that came to the counter in my time, and the employee helping me acknowledged them, but focused on me. I felt awkward telling him to help one of them, I had no where to be. He did, but had another employee finish helping him and returned to me.

I am not new to shooting, or ranges/stores. I am also in sales. I can only score this encounter with the highest marks. I was even more impressed that an item I asked about had to be followed up later. That later, happened within an hour of leaving the store, to tell me my parts had been located, and an order was placed.

Having read about rude encounters, unhelpful people and such, my experience was more than awesome. I was impressed and look forward to spending my time and money here for range work and training. All in all, professional, relaxed and helpful. I couldn't have asked for more.

** I have few posts, but I read this forum daily. I am really not someone to complain, I prefer a lower key approach to life. But based on my experience I wanted to give these guys some credit. I left without buying anything and taking up 2 hours of their day and didn't feel the least bit pressured, or not welcome. For this reason alone I spent a decent amount of money over the phone and will gladly obtain a membership and do some classes.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick" T. Roosevelt

(Montgomery County)

I'm moving to PA in May and this facility is not far from where I work. Thinking I want to move by a range so I can shoot regularly so I headed out first thing this morning to check GTC out. My experience was nothing less then stellar. Everyone I spoke to was super nice. I even asked about living in the area and they were more than forthcoming. The place is spotless! A lot of choices in the pro shop. However some things were incredibly overpriced (some of the handgun safes were in the several hundred dollar range but around $100 on Amazon). However generally everything was proced as expected in a LGS. I did not rent but the fees were way better then any place in The Peoples Republic of NJ. Their target retrieval system is AWESOME! You can set exact yardage and can even do intervals where the target turns sideways then turns and faces you at whatever interval and any number of times you set it. I totally felt FREEDOM flowing through my veins LOL.

I don't think there is a nicer place around.
    Eddie

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    However some things were incredibly overpriced (some of the handgun safes were in the several hundred dollar range but around $100 on Amazon).
    Frankly, safes were the only reason I visited Target World few times. Although overpriced, they had nice selection and unlike amazon - you could see and touch, which makes it easier to assess whether it fits your requirements or not. Same might be the case with Guardian. I really need to pay them a visit.
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

So I read through this entire thread and yes, you can see that I just joined and that this is my first post here. I found the forum by searching for online reviews of GTC.

After just four visits to this facility for training, I went from feeling "this place is fabulous, wonderful and awesome" to "I'm never setting foot in that place again." I've been to all the other ranges in the area on many occasions -- Heritage Guild, Clayton's, Wicen's, Target World, and Classic Pistol -- and have always had pleasant experiences at each of them -- NEVER had to contend with a confrontational individual anywhere else like I did here. What stinks is that I received a large sum in GTC gift cards for my birthday and the holidays. My only recourse for that now is to spend the money on a new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by allthe_gundams View Post
    I mean, you can go and look up the 1 star reviews yourself. The owner posts as Guardian on Facebook and then has his staff come on and berate the individual and gang up on the reviewer. I've seen a bunch of the 1 star reviews where Its the owner, his girlfriend, the training manager's wife, and some staff members all trashing the person who posts a bad review.
    They block people ahead of time from interacting with their social media profiles to avoid having any negative comments posted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    After reading all of this I very much regret ever being a member to this establishment. Looks like I'll be filing a dispute with my credit card company to fight the charges and never going back.
    I am so glad that the awful experience I had with one of the trainers happened before I plunked down the money on the Gold membership I had planned to buy.

Reason for my post is just for the purpose of providing an honest review to interested parties. Thanks for reading.

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast