Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Range - Guardian Training Center Warminster, PA

I have never been to this range, and I don't have an opinion about it one way or the other.

I just want to point out that 99% of the commentary in this thread is by people with no established presence in this forum.
    This is not a negative or a positive implication, they are simply unknown and have no established reputation here.

Dgg9 is the only highly established forum member that has actually been to the range, and his comments were positive.
    LordTobias and Mccula are somewhat established forum members and their comments were positive.
    Mango is the only somewhat established forum member that had positive experiences there followed by a negative experience.

The rest of the negative commentary is made by new forum members with no established reputation.
    As such, their commentary may or may not be accurate (not meant as an offense).

With the limited and unverified information available, the picture I'm getting is that the range went through some personnel changes, and it may or may not be mismanaged.
    Considering the small number of well equipped indoor ranges in Eastern PA, it would be wise to get more information before passing judgement on this range.
    Additional commentary from other highly established forum members would be useful in deciding if this range is a good resource for our community or not.

Just my $0.02
    Bern-
    Last edited by Berncly; May 26th, 2018 at 04:55 AM. Reason: typo
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I have never been to this range, and I don't have an opinion about it one way or the other.

I just want to point out that 99% of the commentary in this thread is by people with no established presence in this forum.
    This is not a negative or a positive implication, they are simply unknown and have no established reputation here.

Dgg9 is the only highly established forum member that has actually been to the range, and his comments were positive.
    LordTobias and Mccula are somewhat established forum members and their comments were positive.
    Mango is the only somewhat established forum member that had positive experiences there followed by a negative experience.

The rest of the negative commentary is made by new forum members with no established reputation.

With the limited and unverified information available, the picture I'm getting is that the range went through some personnel changes, and it may or may not be mismanaged.
    Considering the small number of well equipped indoor ranges in Eastern PA, it would be wise to get more information before passing judgement on this range.
    Additional commentary from other highly established forum members would be useful in deciding if this range is a good resource for our community or not.

Just my $0.02
    Bern-
    Great observation that many casual viewers of the forum may have missed. Next time in their neighborhood, we will visit and share our points of view...
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

6 hour class there today. 5 students; 3 instructors. Sole focus was draw from various concealment garments (open front, closed front; summer; winter). I learned about a LOT of things I was doing sub-optimally. Draw time measurably improved across the day. The upcoming sequel is Force on Force in their large, multi-structured shoot house.

So far, I give 5 stars out of 5 for this place.

I should add that I've never had to "deal with" management. I go in and deal with the instructors, and I have no negative remark about them.
    Last edited by dgg9; May 26th, 2018 at 05:09 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Just my $0.02
    Bern-
    Not really wanting to stir the proverbial turd, but....

Even though I have made honest and fair posts since joining, the "value" and credibility of my post is diminished because I'm not a prolific or "known" poster? Seriously?

I've been here over a year with over 60 posts and no issues. What does it take to be considered credible?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Auriemma View Post

Even though I have made honest and fair posts since joining, the "value" and credibility of my post is diminished because I'm not a prolific or "known" poster? Seriously?

I've been here over a year with over 60 posts and no issues. What does it take to be considered credible?
    Having a 300 lb landlord that likes mojitos wouldn't hurt.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Auriemma View Post

No offense was meant.
    For what it's worth, I'm still considered a new poster by some, and some still bust my balls from time to time.

Irrespective of your specific posts, the thread reads like a hit piece on that range.
    My post is asking for further clarification from people that others here have met in person and/or know well enough to trust.

The range is expensive, but it has a shoot house which is rare around here.
    I and others would like to know if we should drop money there or not.

That is the only purpose of my post.
    Please don't read more into it, or take offense where none was meant.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

No offense was meant.
    For what it's worth, I'm still considered a new poster by some, and some still bust my balls from time to time.

Irrespective of your specific posts, the thread reads like a hit piece on that range.
    My post is asking for further clarification from people that others here have met in person and/or know well enough to trust.

The range is expensive, but it has a shoot house which is rare around here.
    I and others would like to know if we should drop money there or not.

That is the only purpose of my post.
    Please don't read more into it, or take offense where none was meant.
    Ok... maybe I was a LITTLE sensitive. I’ll keep my thicker skin on from now on.

As for GTC, YES I’d go back and I would recommend anyone to try it out. It’s a beautiful shop and range. The staff I have met and dealt with have been friendly and helpful. It’s more expensive than other ranges, but not by a ton. I’d consider them to be on the high end of reasonable. They have a huge rental selection. As for the shoot house, I think you have to rent it out. You can shoot steel there when it’s scheduled. Call GTC for more info. I had seriously considered getting a membership there. Yes, memberships there ARE expensive compared to other local ranges, but they do offer a bit more. For me it was not worth it as the drive was 2x as far.

Would I recommend at least checking the place out? Hell YES! You can make your own decision from there.

I’ve had no issues going there. Usually I go Monday nights with the Bunker Gun Shop after work. They have never given us trouble or have I experienced issues with bringing form 3 NFA items or my personal sbr. YMMV like they say but figured I’d give my own encounters there so far. Staff was cool and helpful to us and hopefully the negative experience people have had are just a couple of unfortunate outliers.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by allthe_gundams View Post
    So, a few things;

1. Yes, Chris is one of the owners but I believe that hes gotten most of the operating capital from his father.
    2. Yes, Guardian has kicked people out from their facility who they recognize as employees from other local gun shops/shooting ranges when those individuals haven't done anything other than walk through the door. THey weren't going to "shoot up" the place.
    3. Mick no longer works there. He quit after he tried to get Tanners to send them some business and the owner wouldn't honor the discounted rate that was initially agreed upon by Tanners and Guardian. Mick is a great guy, its a shame.
    4. You can get quality training from them however its extremely easy to get on Chris' bad side. The man is very impatient and doesn't treat his customers very well. If you're not a high speed individual or don't pick techniques up quickly prepare to get yelled at or potentially kicked out of the range.
    so, "chris" will be back to working at t.j. maxx soon?

great way to go tits up in a hurry...treat Your customers like shit in the social media age. go back on deals You made with the shop with the most loyal following in the area.

(the whole "sold out of silver memberships" thing is why I can't be bothered.)
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Best Shooting Range Around- Guardian Training Center

I’ve been to all the gun ranges in the area and Guardian Training Center is by far the most enjoyable range around. The staff and people who shoot there are fantastic. Its the largest firearm range with 22 brand new indoor lanes with programable retrievers. Their shooting stalls are HUGE! With glass ballistic dividers with plenty of light, super clean, and organized. They have friendly RSO’s in each bay that assist you with anything you need. You have to check this place out! Even their website stands out from the rest. https://www.guardiantrainingcenter.com/

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast