Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: New Range - Guardian Training Center Warminster, PA

Quote Originally Posted by allthe_gundams View Post
    You didn't happen to work with him at GTC and serve with him in his Nasty Girl unit did you?
    No, thank God I've never worked or served with Chris. I'd be in jail if he tried to pull even half that shit on me. I was a member for six months and was going to GTC twice a week at one point, but the owner couldn't help himself and tried to start a confrontation with me. The whole thing was ridiculous.

You know the trainer that used to work there, Mick, left because the owner, Chris, tried to gouge out someone's eye in what was supposed to be a friendly sparring match?

And honestly, the only reason Chris is the "owner" is because his father is loaded and footed the bill to open GTC.

(Bucks County)

I was a Gold-level member for a year and really didn't encounter too many issues, but the stuff on here and FB gave me enough pause to not renew when it elapsed.

I'm still looking for a range where I can practice drawing from holster and/or concealment because I feel that's a necessary part of my practice, and GTC let me do all of that. The range equipment is really nice and clean, but ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the baggage for a membership.

THere's really no alternative that I know of. I've been to most of the other ranges, but they all have more significant limitations. I've even been a multi-year member at some of them, but I just haven't found that perfect fit for me yet, I suppose!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    I was a Gold-level member for a year and really didn't encounter too many issues, but the stuff on here and FB gave me enough pause to not renew when it elapsed.

I'm still looking for a range where I can practice drawing from holster and/or concealment because I feel that's a necessary part of my practice, and GTC let me do all of that. The range equipment is really nice and clean, but ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the baggage for a membership.

THere's really no alternative that I know of. I've been to most of the other ranges, but they all have more significant limitations. I've even been a multi-year member at some of them, but I just haven't found that perfect fit for me yet, I suppose!
    Have you ever considered a dry fire or laser fire training system to use at home. I know live fire is preferred by most including myself but it's just not possible for most on a daily or weekly basis. Professional shooters from both the LE and competition side always recommend and swear by doing this type of training J.J. Racaza does 1000 rep and dry fire trigger pulls a day in between live fire range visits.

I do wish there were more in and outdoor shooting facilities that catered more to the modern day shooter rather then the same old same old like you can find in many other states across the country. I hope one day that will change but until then I guess we have to work with what we got.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post

Not exactly close to you but Northern Chester County Sportsmans Club (NCCSC) is more lax than many others but their indoor range is their weak spot, it's not much. They permit shooting drawing from holster, concealed, etc.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    No, thank God I've never worked or served with Chris. I'd be in jail if he tried to pull even half that shit on me. I was a member for six months and was going to GTC twice a week at one point, but the owner couldn't help himself and tried to start a confrontation with me. The whole thing was ridiculous.

You know the trainer that used to work there, Mick, left because the owner, Chris, tried to gouge out someone's eye in what was supposed to be a friendly sparring match?

And honestly, the only reason Chris is the "owner" is because his father is loaded and footed the bill to open GTC.
    Yes I do. I worked with Mick when I was an employee at GTC. My understanding is that Mick left after an agreement between GTC and Tanner's (Mick had worked out where customers were given a range pass with each purchase by Tanners) fell through because of Chris.

I currently work for Target World and we will let you draw and fire from the holster once you're cleared by the RSOs. You just need to show them that you can safely do it. The range equipment is just as new as GTC's and probably less torn up.
    Last edited by allthe_gundams; January 27th, 2020 at 01:53 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Yes I do. I worked with Mick when I was an employee at GTC. My understanding is that Mick left after an agreement between GTC and Tanner's (Mick had worked out where customers were given a range pass with each purchase by Tanners) fell through because of Chris.

I currently work for Target World and we will let you draw and fire from the holster once you're cleared by the RSOs. You just need to show them that you can safely do it. The range equipment is just as new as GTC's and probably less torn up.
    My message got deleted when I was trying to edit it...

The event I mentioned happened right around the time Mick left GTC, so it's possible one or both things influenced his prudent departure.

When did you work for GTC, if you don't mind me asking? Odds are we've met!

(Montgomery County)

I was at TW yesterday with my son. You guys are always very friendly and helpful. We are new to shooting , but I feel comfortable there.. I can’t imagine I would enjoy going to a place like Guardian with the way they act.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    My message got deleted when I was trying to edit it...

The event I mentioned happened right around the time Mick left GTC, so it's possible one or both things influenced his prudent departure.

When did you work for GTC, if you don't mind me asking? Odds are we've met!
    I was there for the first 6 weeks it was opened. It was a very short time and a few years ago but if my memory of the time I spent there is correct I was there from the beginning of that September to late October when I quit. He started treating me like a pariah for asking simple questions. The reality is that he just didn't like me and created a hostile work environment for myself and most of the other employees. Everyone I had started with quit within a year of opening except for Reed. Reed left just a few months ago as well however.

One of the guys (who I'm still friends with) that he hired on to work as a supervisor ended up getting harassed by him at their NG unit. Apparently Chris was in the same unit with him and verbally harassed him. Both of them are NCOs and I think Chris ended up getting moved to a different company in the end or something. I have to ask him for the details again. Same friend confirmed the eye gouging incident though and his is a first hand account...

Were you a regular when you went? We had a guy who came in multiple times a week for lessons in the evenings while I was there.

(Berks County)

I have a friend who goes to GTC and he posts about it on fakebook. When all that banter was going down I tagged him in a post and asked him what the story was...he got pissed about it.

The last time I was at Target World I was impressed with the line of rentals that they had. I don't get out to many ranges so I can't really compare to others but they had a large selection.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    I was at TW yesterday with my son. You guys are always very friendly and helpful. We are new to shooting , but I feel comfortable there.. I can’t imagine I would enjoy going to a place like Guardian with the way they act.
    I'm very happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experiences with us. We do our best to ensure a safe, comfortable, and friendly shooting and sales environment within the facility.

Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast