Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Homeowners insurance and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    <GHETTO ACCENT> What kind of company would expect you to drive around on 3 wheels?
    Image0213.jpg

(Erie County)

I have Erie Insurance for Home,Auto and Business. I specifically asked about coverage on my firearms when I inquired about raising my coverage after a remodel and was told that I was covered to $10,000 under my policy. I can buy a special rider for more firearms if I want.

(Chester County)

How did they find out that you have firearms, or is that a general question they ask everyone?
    I have Allstate and have never been asked about firearms one way or the other. Allstate does limit firearms loss to something pretty small like a couple of thousand dollars or so if I remember correctly. I would be surprised if the other insurance companies don't limit coverage as well in the fine print, unless you are willing to pay for a specific rider covering the excess.
    I would rather just keep the firearms in a good safe and forego insurance coverage so as to not have to provide a detailed list of what I have. That just seems to have all kinds of potential for turning out bad somewhere down the line.

(Susquehanna County)

I notice your sig line shows a P.O 1 in Submarines. I suggest you USAA (United Services Automobile Association) their customer service line is 1 800-531-8722.
    I've had them since 1981 and wouldn't trade them for gold! Give them a call and see what they say.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Monroe County)

Safeco is another insurance company. They never asked about firearms for my homeowners policy. When i wanted additional coverage for my firearms they only asked the usual questions on the form, make model and estimated value.
    Last edited by poconopashooter; August 23rd, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

(Franklin County)

I've broached the subject myself with two different companies over my lifespan (Erie and State Farm). Both informed me what the max 'standard' coverage was and offered riders if I needed additional coverage. No PC bullshit involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    How did they find out that you have firearms, or is that a general question they ask everyone?
    I have Allstate and have never been asked about firearms one way or the other. Allstate does limit firearms loss to something pretty small like a couple of thousand dollars or so if I remember correctly. I would be surprised if the other insurance companies don't limit coverage as well in the fine print, unless you are willing to pay for a specific rider covering the excess.
    I would rather just keep the firearms in a good safe and forego insurance coverage so as to not have to provide a detailed list of what I have. That just seems to have all kinds of potential for turning out bad somewhere down the line.

Good question. I was asked point blank, and I hesitated for a minute, and then couldn't bring myself to lie. It was the rest of the questions that I have a problem with.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    I was going to suggest USSA. I have State Farm and was never asked about firearms.
    I am in the process of buying a house, and am switching from renter's to homeowner's insurance, both with State Farm. The only reason they asked about firearms was to have an approximate total value, because the standard policy only covers up to a certain amount, $2500 maybe. I will be paying and extra $14/year for $5000 total firearm coverage. they never asked for any information about types, models, serial numbers, storage, or anything else.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lackawanna County)

Another vote for State Farm. The extra rider for over $5k (covers me to twice that) costs me 60 cents a month.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Chester County)

I also recommend State Farm. I have both car (2 cars and a motorcycle) and Homeowners through them and I get a better deal that way. Sign up for the NRA firearms insurance too. Most Homeowner policies start at $500 deductible nowadays but if you increase that to $1000 you can reduce your premium.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast