Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Carrying in a car.

can i carry my gun in someone elses car in pa and leave it in there when i'm at work?

Default Re: Carrying in a car.

This needs more info.

Whose car?

Do you have a ltcf?

Do they have a ltcf?

It's not a straight up answer.

(Bedford County)

It's my car but in my moms name and we both have a ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestFord View Post
    It's my car but in my moms name and we both have a ccw.
    If you both have ltcf's, I am not familiar with any pa statutes that would prevent you from doing so, but you still want to look at the statutes yourself to be sure.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM

(Berks County)

If it's your car for your use and registered in your mothers name and she has given you permission I see no problem with it!
    My vehicles are registered to both my wife and I so would that mean .I need permission for her half of the car?
    I think you're good to go, but I'm no Attorney

(Allegheny County)

also..does your EMPLOYER allow firearms on company grounds? some do and then some don't..

Also I would look into a good way to lock the firearm up. Just tossing it in the glove box or console doesn't cut it.

(Chester County)

IANAL - and with that said:

I don't think it matters who owns the car. I think it is a matter of who is in the car at the time one gets stopped.

WARNING: If you leave your handgun in someone else's car, and they do not have a LTCF and are driving without you in the vehicle - they can be charged if gun is discovered. Period. Even if you have a handful of groceries and they are just driving the car from one end of the parking lot to the other to pick you up, if they get stopped and found out, then the SHTF.

If the person driving the car has a LTCF then it doesn't matter whose handgun it is, it is legal.

My wife won't get her LTCF and that's why I can't leave my gun in the car without me in it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post

I don't think it matters who owns the car. I think it is a matter of who is in the car at the time one gets stopped.

WARNING: If you leave your handgun in someone else's car, and they do not have a LTCF and are driving without you in the vehicle - they can be charged if gun is discovered. Period. Even if you have a handful of groceries and they are just driving the car from one end of the parking lot to the other to pick you up, if they get stopped and found out, then the SHTF.

If the person driving the car has a LTCF then it doesn't matter whose handgun it is, it is legal.

My wife won't get her LTCF and that's why I can't leave my gun in the car without me in it.
    My wife doesn't carry as a personal choice, but she has her LTCF just for such an instance or if she decides to head to a range without me. The whole no stops in between or other than between home and range deal without a LTCF is a royal PITA to her.

Maybe paint it in that light. "Honey, I'm not asking you to carry daily or ever, but getting the license will protect you from legal problems in the just in case, no matter how unlikely."

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
    (b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
    (13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast