Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Re: Purchased a Benelli M1 Super 90

Does anyone have any experience with this charging handle? The GG&G Tactical Charging handle is out of stock.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/58...ge-steel-matte

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this charging handle? The GG&G Tactical Charging handle is out of stock.

You'll find them on Ebay. There are several listed.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Adams County)

Yes, a long time ago, 10-15 years ago they were one of the only people making parts for the M1 for 3 gun and the such. I had one at least 10 years and really like it. Nice and well rounded so no matter where you grab it no issues with it being sharp or hurting the hand.

(Fulton County)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you a quick update. I found the GG&G charging handle and bolt release on the internet, and I installed them tonight. I also plan on installing an 8 shot extension tube on my M1 tonight as well. I will try to post pictures of my upgraded shotgun tomorrow.
    Last edited by Justin2012; August 25th, 2017 at 04:28 PM.

(Perry County)

Make sure you're 922R compliant. Your shotgun must be made before the rule went into effect in 1989 or must contain enough US made parts. Search the internet for all the details, there are reams written about it. In fact, it is unlawful to change the configuration of a pre-rule gun from how it was imported without changing the required amount of parts.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=252879
    Last edited by unclejumbo; August 25th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Make sure you're 922R compliant. Your shotgun must be made before the rule went into effect in 1989 or must contain enough US made parts. Search the internet for all the details, there are reams written about it. In fact, it is unlawful to change the configuration of a pre-rule gun from how it was imported without changing the required amount of parts.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=252879
    All of the parts I added to it are made in the US so I should be good to go; thanks for the reminder though. Speaking of the 922r compliance regulation, does anyone know of an actual court case that was brought up against a gun owner who added parts to his firearm and made it non-compliant?

(Perry County)

All of the parts I added to it are made in the US so I should be good to go; thanks for the reminder though. Speaking of the 922r compliance regulation, does anyone know of an actual court case that was brought up against a gun owner who added parts to his firearm and made it non-compliant?
    Actually no, on both counts. You may have an extended magazine or you may have a pistol grip. You can't have both on an imported shotgun unless it was imported prior to the '89 cutoff in that configuration. If you want both, you must replace a sufficient number of parts to essentially make it a US made firearm.

As for cases, I don't know of any. However, you would still be in violation of the law and it's not a summary offense. I wouldn't mess with federal law.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; August 25th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Actually no, on both counts. You may have an extended magazine or you may have a pistol grip. You can't have both on an imported shotgun unless it was imported prior to the '89 cutoff in that configuration. If you want both, you must replace a sufficient number of parts to essentially make it a US made firearm.

As for cases, I don't know of any. However, you would still be in violation of the law and it's not a summary offense. I wouldn't mess with federal law.
    Oh shit, I thought that you needed to just make sure that your gun had US made parts on it. Thanks for the heads up; I'll hold off on adding the extension tube until I replace the pistol grip. What a screwed up regulation. Was 922r an executive order under the Clinton administration? If so, I might try starting a petition to the White House urging Trump to rescind this regulation that thousands of Americans are unknowing violating every day.
    Last edited by Justin2012; August 25th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.

(Fulton County)

Ok, after doing some intense reasearch; I decided to order a 922r compliant follower, and a 922r trigger pack from Freedom Fighter Tactical. I believe that once I install all of these parts, I should be able to add my magazine extension tube on my shotgun, keep my original pistol grip stock; and be compliant with federal law. Here's a link to the parts that I ordered.

https://freedomfightertactical.com/c...-shotgun-black

https://freedomfightertactical.com/c...lli-m1-shotgun

Does anyone think that I would not be in compliance after I install these parts?

(Bucks County)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast