Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

I bought a new Marlin model 60 semi auto 22 for hunting small game this year and what a piece of SHIT it is.. 3.5 inch groups at 50 yards is the best it would do and I tried 7 different kinds of ammo. Oh yeah, it has about a 10 lb. trigger pull too. And yep I went over all the mounting screws for the scope, cleaned the bore before I started and got as much of the rust color out of the barrel as I could. Now, I called Rem. and after going through an exhaustive list push 1 if you want this or that I finally got to talk to a customer service rep. and he told me it could be 8 weeks before I get my rifle back. WTF Don't believe all these reviews about Rem/Marlins are getting better it's bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

Might as well send it back to them . . . not a whole lot of fun/use to you as it is.

Unload it and get a Ruger 10/22.

(Wayne County)

Cool Re: New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Yep, we have a loud mouth, know it all NYC guy that just opened a gun shop in the area that wants this Rem./Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I love the 10/22 also and mine shoots like a champ. However my dad just received a carbine as a gift from his wife and he is really disappointed in it, especially the stock. There is about a 1/8th" gap between the stock and the cheap plastic buttplate...you can literally look right through it. The wood to receiver fit also leaves a lot to be desired. I feel bad because I was the one that recommended this as a gift. I know these are the bargain model but I expect a lot more from Ruger. I think I'm going to buy him the deluxe wood stock to replace this junk that's on his.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I love the 10/22 also and mine shoots like a champ. However my dad just received a carbine as a gift from his wife and he is really disappointed in it, especially the stock. There is about a 1/8th" gap between the stock and the cheap plastic buttplate...you can literally look right through it. The wood to receiver fit also leaves a lot to be desired. I feel bad because I was the one that recommended this as a gift. I know these are the bargain model but I expect a lot more from Ruger. I think I'm going to buy him the deluxe wood stock to replace this junk that's on his.
    I'd take pics of it and send them to Ruger CS. Or else he can start down the rabbit hole of replacing the stock with an aftermarket version. Problem is when you start changing stuff on a 10/22 you can end up getting carried away.

(Lancaster County)

Wow Badger, sorry to hear that. makes me embrace my Mod 60 even more now. Bought it in 1975 when I was 14 years old , my first rifle, still have it. I have unknown thousand of rounds through it without a hiccup, very accurate also. I clean it every 3-5 years or so. recently bought my oldest daughter a 10-22 and little sister a S&W MP 15-22. the Mod 60 is back out of semi retired life and back to running hard and fast just like old times now that 22 is back to being on the shelves again

I hope Remlin makes it right for you, they are very fun rifles

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    The difference here it seems like is Ruger would get that fixed up probably in 1/4 the time Marlin is quoting.

(Wayne County)

Ya know, you would think that with all the years of technology, quality control and the good machinery firearm makers have today there wouldn't be a single flaw in any new rifle or handgun and yet here we are.
    IMHO if I made products like this where I worked I would not have a job long at all, there is NO excuse for poor workmanship.

(Berks County)

My dad just gave me my Model 60 from the 1970s....
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast