Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

The problem with Remington and Marlin or anything Freedom Group owned is the number of turds is rather large. Many companies are doing far better in putting out product that is right and having better customer service.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

Marlin 60s have always had a heavy trigger. 8 lbs plus. The groups are usually pretty good though. The older ones shoot very well. They are not as easily modded as a 10/22, but they can be upgraded. The problem is after lots of handy work and some parts replacement, you're left with a very good shooting gun, but it's a tube mag. I'm working on one now, that should be pretty cool when finished.

An older one can be picked up in good condition for $120 or less. Fun gun at a good price. And tough to beat an older 60 for accuracy at $120. A 10/22 generally won't be as accurate even at $160. The 10/22 however, can be a tack driver, with some work and patience or a wad of cash, and it's a detachable mag.

A Marlin 795 is a detachable mag model 60 basically. I had one a while back, but can't really remember it. I had a shit ton of 22s back then and I'm not sure how much I shot it.
    Last edited by McSull; August 23rd, 2017 at 07:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123