Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: New Marlin made by Remington (WOW)

I love my 60. I got it dirt cheap from a pawn shop in Alabama when I was living there as a trainer for my wife--something around $50 or so because it was jammed up and they couldn't figure out why. I took it home, took the mag tube plunger out and out dropped a .22 mag round. Thus freed it thereafter has shot well with everything I've fed it since. My son will love it someday too, probably for his whole life.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

Yep, them older Marlin mod. 60 were really good rifles, my uncle had one that was made in the 60's I think, not sure on the date. But I would have liked to have that but my cousin laid claim to it.
    Anyway, I traded that piece of junk Rem./Marlin 60 I had for a Ruger 10/22 and I'm going to shoot it and get it sighted in tomorrow.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    Yep, them older Marlin mod. 60 were really good rifles, my uncle had one that was made in the 60's I think, not sure on the date. But I would have liked to have that but my cousin laid claim to it.
    Anyway, I traded that piece of junk Rem./Marlin 60 I had for a Ruger 10/22 and I'm going to shoot it and get it sighted in tomorrow.
    Lol. Good luck with that. I expect a new thread. Ruger 10/22 is a piece of shit.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Lol. Good luck with that. I expect a new thread. Ruger 10/22 is a piece of shit.
    WTF?

(Wayne County)

SevenMilePete, got that Ruger sighted in. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with CCI Mini Mag ammo. I couldn't down load any pics from my PC, something wrong with the URL.
    I'll keep this Ruger 10/22 and I'm done with Rem/Marlin... How's it feel to be WRONG.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    SevenMilePete, got that Ruger sighted in. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with CCI Mini Mag ammo. I couldn't down load any pics from my PC, something wrong with the URL.
    I'll keep this Ruger 10/22 and I'm done with Rem/Marlin... How's it feel to be WRONG.
    Shoot, I can shoot that well with my Remlin 795. With open sights.

(Armstrong County)

Pete, please share with the group, esp Badger, as to why the most popular semi-auto 22lr rifle of all time and that probably has more aftermarket parts available than the Rem700, is the biggest turd that has ever been manufactured.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Pete, please share with the group, esp Badger, as to why the most popular semi-auto 22lr rifle of all time and that probably has more aftermarket parts available than the Rem700, is the biggest turd that has ever been manufactured.
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know? If the 10/22 is that bad, how is it that Ruger sells so many? Have they pulled a fast one on the shooting public?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    The closest thing my 10-22 gets to turd is what comes out of the muzzle when I finally clean the thing after who know how many rounds have gone through it.

The Remlins, seem to get knocked.. my brother picked up a Remlin lever (336?) and had several issues right out of the box with it. Fortunately enough for him, when he got it back from Remington the issues were resolved.

(Bucks County)

I had a m60 a few years ago that was Remington made. Thing was accurate and reliable. Had no problem hitting a anything at 100 yards, let alone 50. Only sold it because semis weren't legal for hunting then. Everyone has a turd or 2 out there. In the case of poor accuracy, that's not likely something that is easily checked for at the factory. If Marlin is willing to fix it, let them fix it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast