Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Found a good local shop

Hey everyone.

In case you havent heard of Sterner Firearms, I wanted to give this guy a little shoutout on the forums and hope people conduct their business there.

He is located behind Golds Gym in Lancaster. He offers the lowest prices on transfers I have seen and very competitive pricing. The only downside is his stock isnt very large, so most things are ordered and there is a bit of a wait.

However, he is a great local guy and I def recommend spending money there!

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Found a good local shop

I'll check it out sometime this week.

(Clearfield County)

Alright, I went there today. It is definitely a small shop, less than 2 dozen guns on the racks, but prices are very good. Anderson lowers for $52 OTD (Yes, I bought one) S&W 9mm shields for $300, Npap AK's for $530. He also has some ballistic panels and defensive ammo at a good price. It is worth the trip if you're in the area.

(Chester County)

Also had a good experience at Chester County Outdoors. Matthew (the owner?)helped me out with some night sights I bought for a shield. He determined they were the wrong ones that I ordered from Amazon and am in the process of getting the right ones. Were supposed to compatible with all M&Ps but would not fit in my shield. Ended up buying an M&P9 2.0 from him at $40 less than listed. Not the best price if you're searching the web but would rather buy from my local guy.
    Route 30 Lancaster Ave between rt29 and rt401 in Malvern.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Alright, I went there today. It is definitely a small shop, less than 2 dozen guns on the racks, but prices are very good. Anderson lowers for $52 OTD (Yes, I bought one) S&W 9mm shields for $300, Npap AK's for $530. He also has some ballistic panels and defensive ammo at a good price. It is worth the trip if you're in the area.
    He is a good guy. I have ordered various sets of night sights and other products and he has been able to beat or match Amazon pricing without me mentioning anything. He is also running a Glock group buy right now if you call or message him and he can give you pricing. His quote for a Glock 23 was $480.

He also does in house stippling and I believe the price for a G43 sized frame was only $75. This includes you putting your hand in baby powder or something and grabbing the frame to see where you grip the gun the most.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Also had a good experience at Chester County Outdoors. Matthew (the owner?)helped me out with some night sights I bought for a shield. He determined they were the wrong ones that I ordered from Amazon and am in the process of getting the right ones. Were supposed to compatible with all M&Ps but would not fit in my shield. Ended up buying an M&P9 2.0 from him at $40 less than listed. Not the best price if you're searching the web but would rather buy from my local guy.
    Route 30 Lancaster Ave between rt29 and rt401 in Malvern.
    What is the selection of firearms like?

Their page says "We have more guns per square foot then the Big Box Stores" but that could be misleading.

(Lancaster County)

Anyone used Sterner for firearms transfers from places like CDNN or PSA and if so how did it go and costs? thanks.

(Lancaster County)

I know he does incoming transfers from Grabagun often. I can't imagine it would be much different from other vendors and that the protocol would be pretty standard. All FTF transfers I have done are $25, not sure about incoming prices but can't be much more.