Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Compact wheel guns in semi auto calibers: the good, the bad?

also... i had a charter arms pitbull 45acp, which honestly i regret selling that shot amazingly well; and i have taurus tracker 455, 4" in 45acp (no longer made) that shoots like a laser but is up for sale now (would take back my pitbull b/c i can carry it)

if you go pitbull make sure you get the pachmayr compac grips for it, it transforms the grip into a sexual experience

(Allegheny County)

I have a Taurus 905 (9mm) and 455 (45ACP) revolver and both have been great, with no issues. In a pinch they can be fired without the moon clips, but obviously unloading the empties maybe a bit slower. Nice compact snubbies, easy (and fun) to shoot.

(Philadelphia County)

oh yeah I almost forgot... I also still have my Ruger Blackhawk Convertible Flattop in stainless with 9mm cylinder (and 357/38) which I converted to have a birdshead grip and I also have the Ruger Vaquero Talo 45ACP in polished staineed single shot revolvers.

the ruger talo 45acp is amazing to look at and super fun to shoot/ load up.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    And that right there is the problem. People who have no first-hand knowledge or experience with a product are only too happy to condemn it based solely on hearsay. Moon clips are the best invention since sliced bread - and I have seven moon clip revolvers, so I'm not talking out of my a$$.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I have never used moon clips but I use a speed loader for a seven shot revolver. I takes less than about two seconds remove the spent casings and reload.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    I have never used moon clips but I use a speed loader for a seven shot revolver. I takes less than about two seconds remove the spent casings and reload.
    I neither own nor shoot revolvers, but I have seen plenty in use in person. Those who are well trained with either speed loaders or moon clips can do some really fast reloads. Again, I've seen both in person. That said:

It would seem TO ME that moon clips would be preferable for carry because of their lower profile. All of the rounds are essentially held in the same configuration with either, but the speed loader adds another 100-200% to the height of the overall package (along with some width), while the moon clip rides almost entirely within the envelope of the rounds.

Also, for the competitors among us, moon clip shooters get to keep their brass at lost-brass matches - that can add up in a hurry...

My 2¢

(Montgomery County)

Why buy another gun, carry the model 26 as your backup if your 19 goes down. You benefit from a similar manual of arms and both can take the same ammunition delivery method. If you want to buy a 9mm revolver, just because... that is a different story. The S&W 986 (L frame, 7 shot) and the S&W 929 (N frame, 8 shot) look like fun guns.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Butler County)

I am in the process of giving my Bersa UC45 Pro ONE MORE CHANCE to not bite me at the range. If it does I'm putting it up for sale. If that happens I will likely look into ine of those Charter Pitbulls in 45ACP. I have plenty of ammo and I like the caliber. I also always liked the CA Bulldog, but with 44spl being kind of rare these days it could be that a 45ACP version (basically) would be the next best thing. I have a 6" Bulldog in 357 already and I really enjoy how it shoots. I realize it's not as "clockwork" as a S&W or as tough as a Ruger, but I still think the old Bulldog platform has its merits, incl great ergos with a Pachmayr combat grip. As far as I know the CA Pitbull is the only 45ACP revolver that doesnt need clips.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Why buy another gun, carry the model 26 as your backup if your 19 goes down. You benefit from a similar manual of arms and both can take the same ammunition delivery method. If you want to buy a 9mm revolver, just because... that is a different story. The S&W 986 (L frame, 7 shot) and the S&W 929 (N frame, 8 shot) look like fun guns.
    I thought about that but in the warm summer months the 26 is my CCW of choice. Come cooler weather I want to get a better holster for the 19 and rotate it back in so then it will be an option.

But I also want another gun.

(Montgomery County)

Well there is nothing wrong with wanting another shooting iron. As an aside, I carry a G19 every day... every season. A good holster makes all the difference.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Cumberland County)

I always hate loading moon clips, but once it's done, it's done,and the fun starts. An lcr in 9mm would be a good choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast