Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ruger LCR in 327.....anyone have one?

And what do you think? This is an interesting looking option after watching a Hickok45 review and reading about it. Never was a revolver guy but I think I may have the bug.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ruger LCR in 327.....anyone have one?

I've had one for about a year. I'd say the felt recoil is somewhere between a .38sp and a .357.

The factory grip is shit though. I replaced it with a Hogue Tamer grip without the finger grooves. It's a little longer than the factory grip and handles the recoil much better.

The one negative about the gun is I do tend to get a little powder/gas blowback. I've never experienced that with any of my other Ruger or S&W revolvers.

(Cumberland County)

I'm pretty sure the powder blowback is due to the short barrel. 327 is my next caliber. And the LCR will be my first purchase. The 4" sp-101 is just about the perfect all around woods gun in my opinion. Waiting on the funds.

(Butler County)

SP101 was one of three guns I was considering for my first handgun. Even though a compact 45auto won the draft, I still find myself going back to the SP101 as kind of top all-purpose revolver. Still haven't owned one. I love my Dan Wesson 15,, especially with the new speedloaders I got. But it's a bit big for EDC. Better for HD and a trail gun... And that's pretty much the role(s) it serves for me by total default. I can and will carry concealed on occasion, but when size is an issue and I want a gun I can trust and not have to baby, SP101 is the first one that comes to mind.

I was also intrigued by 327 magnum early on, but it seems very unsupported in the commercial world to the point that 44spl actually looks mainstream! can't quite justify owning a 327Mag handgun somehow even if I think I'd love the round. It's not impossible I'll be eventually dropping the 45 acp soon at least semi-permanantly. If I do that I might have some room to tinker with a new caliber if I want

(Fayette County)

Is there much of a difference between the .327 and the .32S&W magnum?

I have a revolver in .32S&W Magnum and its a great shooter. I think that caliber should be more popular.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Is there much of a difference between the .327 and the .32S&W magnum?

I have a revolver in .32S&W Magnum and its a great shooter. I think that caliber should be more popular.
    Do you mean 32 H&R Magnum? The 327 is at the top of the heap that includes the 32 S&W long, the 32 H&R Magnum, then the 327 Federal Magnum. The 327 guns can shoot all three, much like the 38 spl can be shot in 357 magnum revolvers. The 32H&R can shoot the two lower ones. Interesting calibers these are.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Butler County)

(I'm pretty sure he means H&R too)
    If so, I've heard its pretty close to 38spl for terminal ballistics.

A 327Mag revolver is very intriguing for the sheer variety of ammo it can shoot, which includes 32H&R and most 32 cartridges below that. But I'm not about to become a 32 purist...

Maybe if the manufacturers started making 327Mag a mainstream cartridge it would be a whole new ballgame. Personally I think its a great idea. If every manufacturer who put out a 327 gun also sponsored a line of ammo for it, people might change their minds. But only having about two decent loads for it which are kind of rare is just going to keep demand in limbo. The fact that its still made by someone and they still occasionally turn out guns for it is a testament to something that wants to happen in the industry. Whether it does or not is a different story.
    Last edited by FJW; August 19th, 2017 at 07:58 AM.

(Chester County)

Not the LCR but I had the S&W 632 in .327. I bought it for the wife but she never took a liking to it. I thought it was great especially the variety it could shoot and I don't just mean calibers. IIRC Black Hills makes some real cream puff .32 H&R Cowboy action stuff.

Unfortunately the wife wanted nothing to do with it and eventually sold it. Wish I hadn't.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Lehigh County)

Just for kicks, Henry is making rifles for it any day now. (327 Federal and 41 Magnum guns Due in August)
    Big Boy and Carbine and also in steel.

Their web site says: Rifle .327 Fed Mag Shipping Now! Carbine .327 Fed Mag Shipping Now!
    Last edited by gghbi; August 19th, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Just for kicks, Henry is making rifles for it any day now. (327 Federal and 41 Magnum guns Due in August)
    Big Boy and Carbine and also in steel.

Their web site says: Rifle .327 Fed Mag Shipping Now! Carbine .327 Fed Mag Shipping Now!
    Thats awesome.
    .41 mag is another great caliber.
    When I was around 16 someone gave me a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum.
    Been in love with that caliber ever since.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast