Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do PA Law enforcement need to show ID if requested?

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Ahhh yes, the old 3 question trick.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Pretty sure you can have an automatic knife as long as you posess it solely as a curio.
    Funny thing is, in PA, if you have a "prohibited" knife and you are in the business of selling curios, supposedly an auto knife sale or possession for sale is okay. I've seen cane swords sell at auction and guess that's how they do it. Now as for owning one otherwise, the law seems hazy. I refer to this since they seem to be the simplest to follow. Maybe I'm way of base, but here it is.

http://www.knifeup.com/pennsylvania-knife-laws/

Quote Originally Posted by digitalt View Post
    Funny thing is, in PA, if you have a "prohibited" knife and you are in the business of selling curios, supposedly an auto knife sale or possession for sale is okay. I've seen cane swords sell at auction and guess that's how they do it. Now as for owning one otherwise, the law seems hazy. I refer to this since they seem to be the simplest to follow. Maybe I'm way of base, but here it is.

http://www.knifeup.com/pennsylvania-knife-laws/
    § 908. Prohibited offensive weapons.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if, except as authorized by law, he makes repairs, sells, or otherwise deals in, uses, or possesses any offensive weapon.

(b) Exceptions.--

(1) It is a defense under this section for the defendant to prove by a preponderance of evidence that he possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance, or that, with the exception of a bomb, grenade or incendiary device, he complied with the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. § 5801 et seq.), or that he possessed it briefly in consequence of having found it or taken it from an aggressor, or under circumstances similarly negativing any intent or likelihood that the weapon would be used unlawfully.

(2) This section does not apply to police forensic firearms experts or police forensic firearms laboratories. Also exempt from this section are forensic firearms experts or forensic firearms laboratories operating in the ordinary course of business and engaged in lawful operation who notify in writing, on an annual basis, the chief or head of any police force or police department of a city, and, elsewhere, the sheriff of a county in which they are located, of the possession, type and use of offensive weapons.

(3) This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

"Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.

. . .
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    § 908. Prohibited offensive weapons.

"Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.
    <rant>

Have I mentioned how much I like semi-colons? Without them the following item is listed above:
    sandbag, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise
    </rant>

<sigh>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12