Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Use of Force in PA class - Now on 9/9 ONLY at West Shore Sportsmen, Lewisberry, PA

After several inquiries, I've amended the class to 8 hours on one day (Sat. 9/9/2017), rather than 10 hours over two days. (I've also dropped the price by 25 bucks given it's gone from 10 down to 8 hours)

I’m teaching a class on Use of Force in Pennsylvania at West Shore Sportsmen’s Club, Lewisberry, (York County) PA . There are more details on the EventBrite page linked below. This is not a shooting class, so you don’t even need to own a gun or carry a firearm, but it is geared towards people who concealed carry.

The class is more than just a basic overview of common law self-defense, but goes into specifics about Pennsylvania’s Justification statute and how our appellate courts have viewed various aspects of self-defense (such as reasonableness, preclusion, provocation, etc.) as well as what PA’s SYG and Castle Doctrines actually say and how they work.

The Pennsylvania Justification statute is unfortunately not a model of clarity and I developed this class so that you have a better idea of how self-defense works in the state you probably spend 90%+ of your time in. I presented a brief section of the class to the West Shore Board two weeks ago and they were very impressed with the content (which is why they agreed to let me use the club’s facilities to teach).

I, myself, am a criminal defense lawyer with a lot of firearms training (400+ hours). Another criminal defense attorney, a forensic/police psychologist, and a veteran patrol officer will also be teaching certain components of the class along with me. Instructors have had anywhere from 120 to 1,000 hours of formal firearms/use of force training beyond their professional experience.

It’s a lot of great content and I think if you concealed carry, you will come out of this class with a better understanding of the “who, what, when, where, why” for the “how” part of self-defense.

If you want to learn more about the class or register, the class registration link is here:

If you have questions, feel free to e-mail me at: justdefensepa at g mail dot com.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by AJT; August 21st, 2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Amend dates