Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sigh P320 fails drop test

Delete

SIGs reply already posted....
    Sorry
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Lancaster County)

As the press release issued today says, there will be more information next week on upgrades to the gun on a voluntary basis. I guess if you want the upgrades, they will provide or do the work. Unclear so far. The chances of it happening are small, but still viable. Why no one ever did a drop test before like this on any gun surprises me. Even the SIG, it has been out for years and they find this now?

The upgrades have already been done on the military version. And for the Glock fans, I did see a video today of a Glock doing the exact same thing, being struck from the exact same angle and going off. Of course there are idiots out there with videos of throwing guns around fully loaded!!! Natural selection could solve those issues.

Now I have to go call Toyota. After having the back door of my vehicle falling apart twice, they have issued a voluntary recall that would require them totally replacing the back door, having the car in the body shop for several days. Voluntary, if I want it fixed.

(Allegheny County)

And for the Glock fans, I did see a video today of a Glock doing the exact same thing, being struck from the exact same angle and going off.
    Vetman03,
    What stock Glock fired when dropped? Please show me the link to the video.

Thank you

Glock had issues with the "frisbee" test and maybe the FBI drop test what was it, almost 3 decades ago. They did some changes to fix those issues. When you start changing a bunch of parts with aftermarket parts well obviously then you throw a wrench in the works and it may not be drop safe any longer.

(Allegheny County)

Glock had issues with the "frisbee" test and maybe the FBI drop test what was it, almost 3 decades ago. They did some changes to fix those issues. When you start changing a bunch of parts with aftermarket parts well obviously then you throw a wrench in the works and it may not be drop safe any longer.
    Yep, hence my asking the question about a video of a stock Glock firing when dropped.

(Lehigh County)

(Allegheny County)

Sig is going to be issuing a "not a recall" recall. Which, to me, is kind of distasteful for something that could pose a safety issue...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...fety-failures/

Apparently, you don't need to drop it to get it to go bang, and is not a result of the trigger's inertia.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...no-plans-test/

I think it'd be a good idea if Sig actually focused on making one gun well, instead of releasing 3 of them half assed. MCX, MPX, P320 are all very recent Sig guns that have either been recalled, or immediately replaced with a largely changed version...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Apparently, you don't need to drop it to get it to go bang, and is not a result of the trigger's inertia.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...no-plans-test/
    Thats now 3 different types of discharges Ive seen in the last day and only one of which has to do w the trigger moving. 1st the 30 degree angle on the rear of the gun, 2nd the drop test posted on page two w the gun landing on the gun butt and your link with it being hit w a hammer. It perplexes me that safety testing is limited to only muzzle down or landing on its side. What in the world makes them think these are the only two ways a gun would land? I dont think it would be overstepping to say the heavier end of the gun would be the most likely impact point. The whole selling point of striker action guns is that there supposed to be drop safe

(Lackawanna County)

Started thread recently from information read on The Firearm Blog (TFB), Dallas Police Dept., P320 pulled from primary duty weapon. They were instructed go back P226 or other Dept. approved weapons. At that point Sig claimed it was a miscommunication from a warning in Sig handbook came with P320."If dropped, pistol may fire. Keep chamber empty unless actually firing. Any firearm may fire if dropped."

(Chester County)

I wonder how many people have been hurt from this since the P320 was released?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast