Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Open carry issue

I open carry my firearm everywhere I I go, and I make sure I look up store policy before I go into that place on business. On August 3 I was stopped by a police officer on duty at my local shop n' save, (where I shop all the time and my girlfriend works there aswell) never had a problem until that day he told me that the store did not allow firearms in the building and to cover it up with my shirt.( without even asking for my concealed permit) I told him no that I been here before and I never heard of such rule, he then told me if i go in he would arrest me. So I did the right thing and had the manager come out to tell the cop that it was ok and he did. The cop said i could go in, we agued alittle more, he told me that he didnt want to talk to me no more so i said fuck you and walked away. He then said i was using profanity in public and he could right me a DC so he asked for my license and wrote down my info. Then gave my i.d back (with no DC) and leaned into me and said i was a fucking asshole! fast forward to today, my girlfriend that works there told me they said they don't want me there with it open carrying. But I can have it covered up, is this legal or shouldn't they have to put the ban on the weapon completely?? Or at least have a sign saying no firearms?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Open carry issue

Their store. Their rules. Nothing illegal about it. The choice is yours. Cover up or shop somewhere. Another uninformed asshole cop. There are a few around. Gives the rest a bad name.

Welcome.

(Lancaster County)

You were a jerk to the cop and now you're surprised this happened?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrights23 View Post
    The cop said i could go in, we agued alittle more, he told me that he didnt want to talk to me no more so i said fuck you and walked away. He then said i was using profanity in public and he could right me a DC so he asked for my license and wrote down my info. Then gave my i.d back (with no DC) and leaned into me and said i was a fucking asshole!
    Not trying to criticize but after the manager said you could go in I would have let it go and went about my business. Im sure that your words with the leo helped lead to the ultimate decision of no oc in the store

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah,cop didn't even ask to see your carry license.I would have simply did as he instructed,covered my weapon and been done with the whole affair.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

LAGO-law abiding gun owner?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Yes krichardson

(Venango County)

Sounds to me like the cop couldn't bully the OP so he went in and fed a line to the store owner. Probably about how he is breaking the law by allowing it or that he would be liable if something happened or that the cop would no longer respond. I would ask the manager what changed their mind, did the cop persist in saying something?

I would report the cop to his precinct / chief. He was wrong about the concealment, he lied about the store not wanting open carry, he lied about Disorderly Conduct. You can tell someone to fuck-off in public if that is how you feel. DC requires creating a disturbance without reason only to threaten or actually use force.

IANAL.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Sounds to me like the cop couldn't bully the OP so he went in and fed a line to the store owner. Probably about how he is breaking the law by allowing it or that he would be liable if something happened or that the cop would no longer respond. I would ask the manager what changed their mind, did the cop persist in saying something?

I would report the cop to his precinct / chief. He was wrong about the concealment, he lied about the store not wanting open carry, he lied about Disorderly Conduct. You can tell someone to fuck-off in public if that is how you feel. DC requires creating a disturbance without reason only to threaten or actually use force.

IANAL.
    All of this is true, and the OP should have handled it better. This story is a prime example of "ruining it for everyone".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

How should I have handled it streaker69? By letting him step all over my rights and listen to him? Or when when the manager told him I could go in he asked the manager again, "ok so just so we are clear your just going to let anyone in here with a open firearm?" Manager said yes and the officer looked at me and said ok you may go in now, like it was with his permissions to let me in. Also with no i am sorry for holding you up with a policy i knew nothing about!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast