Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Open carry issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrights23 View Post
    he had no reason to stop me from going in to the store
    I have to disagree with this. Our rights are rights in public arenas, that store is a private arena, their arena, their rules and there is no law that says that their rules have to be posted in any specific manner. Same as if I came to your house smoking my medical marijuana and you didn't want me coming there and doing that in front of you and your family, stop me at the door and lay down the law, I accept it and either stay or leave because of it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Butler County)

I don't believe it is the public servant's duty to enforce private policy unless a complaint is made. And in the case with those who carry weapons on private property where there is a policy against, the only charges which are usually made are trespassing charges...which can only be cited if a complaint has been made by a private owner who has explicitly asked the patron or guest to leave.

The cop's actions were not due process of law.
    He knew that...which is why he pulled "I don't want to talk to you" card. This puts the ball in the OP's court by claiming that further argument would be treated as interfering with police business. All a chess game.
    Last edited by FJW; August 7th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    I don't believe it is the public servant's duty to enforce private policy unless a complaint is made. And in the case with those who carry weapons on private property where there is a policy against, the only charges which are usually made are trespassing charges...which can only be cited if a complaint has been made by a private owner who has explicitly asked the patron or guest to leave.
    It is their duty when they are hired as security. (aka, moonlighting)

And since a police officer in PA is a police officer 24/7, and legally such statewide, they retain police powers even during private employment.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Well that's the rub. We have one side of a story. And now the store does have a policy. Maybe partly because of that "Fuck you". Store managers don't want confrontations that deteriorate rapidly
    Indeed it is only one side of it.
    And the OP states that he and the cop "argued some more"...except we don't get to know anything more about that.
    I didn't see where no firearms is now a policy. I'll go re-read...

I respect you for simply open carrying for your own needs. Some people really do strut theirs around though, trying to challenge others to say something or just to feel intimidated.

So private businesses can hire public servants to be their spokesmen, basically? They don't even have to express their own policies in order to have them enforced without warning?
    Last edited by FJW; August 7th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.

(Berks County)

Drip. Drip. Drip. Seems like a familiar style. Neet bit of insight from gunlawyer. Prediction, cop will bang gf. Ultimate bigger dick move in a big dick contest. You got to know when to hold em. You got to know when to fold em.

(Lancaster County)

After reading it again it almost reminds me of riding bicycle at night time.

Im not saying the cop didn't act like a dick if what is said is true. The op jumped in the mud with him though. After the manager comes out and says it's fine, what was there to argue about? Then later the manager changes their mind and now it's concealed only. The inference that the cop I guess talked the manager into this new policy. Well, so be it. The store manager backed up the person running security for them. Possibly because of the "Argued a little more", possibly not.

Example
    If a store employee threatened to call the police on me I would ask to speak to a manager. If the employee refused and again said they were calling the cops, I'd leave. I'd then call the manager. Not stay and continue to argue and possibly escalate the situation. And "ruin it for everyone else".

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    What should he do about his girlfriend who works at the store in question?
    I wouldn't contact the owner and push the issue, it's only going to result in him taking it out on her and her possibly losing a job quicker than she should because he doesn't want to deal with her boyfriend. Then you'll probably lose a girlfriend too.

Just stop shopping there and giving the owner money if you want to protest, but you have to consider your girlfriend's job there. You can still go there to pick her up, just keep your wallet and your mouth closed.

Normally, I'm all for telling the business why I am no longer going to support them, but I wouldn't stir anything up if I wife worked there.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456