Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Form 3's are now instant! Yea ATF

NathanB - Yes it could be an instant check just like for firearms EXCEPT that the laws regulating how the forms are to be handled and how the people buying the NFA item are checked have to be changed first.

That is what they are trying to do with the HPA, change the laws.

That said, they could do that for ALL items that are now classed as NFA items just using crime statistics. The uses of NFA items owned by law abiding citizens in the commission of crimes is so minute that there is no reason for them to be regulated. That is another hurdle that we have to overcome. However, we need to do it just like the liberals, baby steps, one victory at a time, inundate our congress men and women with well written/well spoken messages with solid FACTS, not "FEELINGS". It can be done. Yes, the liberals will scream that there will be "blood in the streets" if NFA items are just like any other firearm but when they bring that up, you counter with the crime statistics from areas that have "liberal - in a good sense" gun laws and show that it just doesn't happen and in fact the crime rates go down. Also point out that the cities with the strictest firearms laws also have the highest capital crime rates and ask them why. We know they cannot offer any facts only feelings and when pressed they will try to change the subject but that doesn't stop them from writing and speaking to their reps every day to try to get more anti gun laws on the books. Trying to win the war in one step won't work, you have to win each battle first to defeat your enemy. We don't have a nuclear weapon that will change things in one fell swoop, so do it guerrilla style, wear the enemy down until they capitulate.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here on PAFOA, but I will ask this: How many here call or send messages regularly to their representatives, both at the state and national level? I have messages written and saved and email my reps once a week. As the news changes I can easily modify my message so they don't say the same thing every time. Also, I don't just harp at them, I give them a pat on the back and tell them to keep up the good work (if they are pro 2A, pro firearm) and if not, I tell them that they need to listen to their constituents if they want to get reelected.

We can get this changed, suppressors first, then SBRs/SBSs, then full autos, each time proving that changing the law did not increase crime but lowered it, but it will take a while.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    F4's and F1's are still going to take some time, remember the information and prints (for everyone listed on the F4, F1) go to the FBI to have the background check done and that takes time also.
    Not much. The biggest hold up is the ATF, just because they want to discourage people from trying. FBI fingerprint background check time is pretty quick. I had to have one done for employment, and from submitting prints to having the mailed response back was I think around 2 weeks.

(York County)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12