Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Rengo

(Chester County)

Default Rengo

I want to start off saying, I never have written a negative post about any interaction with anyone from Here, however I must say my dealings with Rengo, or Robert, were awful.

New user as of August 2017, he responded to my classified ad for my Mossberg. Was nice enough through messaging, asked some questions, I happily answered, after a Day or two of no response, he got back to me that he wanted to meet up last night to do the exchange. We had conirmed through text about time and place at 4:45 that day.

Well, as I am loading up the truck about 20 minutes before the scheduled meet, he texts me again saying he is no longer in need of the shotgun because he decided to buy his brothers.

Now I get it, that a better deal may have came up or whatever. But SERIOUSLY 20 minutes before hand.

It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Default Re: Rengo

I have run into similar issues with newbies,I try to give the benefit of the doubt,but where does it stop ? JMO/MDT

(Bucks County)

Couple points.

1. Wrong forum. There is a feedback section in the Marketplace.
    2. It sucks a little, but I've had people not even let me know they were coming. I showed up and they never did. Couldn't get a hold of them after that. Now I have a rule of my own that I contact the person right before I leave.

(Elk County)

Moved to Feedback.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by RS1911 View Post
    I want to start off saying, I never have written a negative post about any interaction with anyone from Here, however I must say my dealings with Rengo, or Robert, were awful.

New user as of August 2017, he responded to my classified ad for my Mossberg. Was nice enough through messaging, asked some questions, I happily answered, after a Day or two of no response, he got back to me that he wanted to meet up last night to do the exchange. We had conirmed through text about time and place at 4:45 that day.

Well, as I am loading up the truck about 20 minutes before the scheduled meet, he texts me again saying he is no longer in need of the shotgun because he decided to buy his brothers.

Now I get it, that a better deal may have came up or whatever. But SERIOUSLY 20 minutes before hand.

It just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I would much rather hear about it 20 min before meeting time than 8 hours later.

Things happen... The guy made an attempt to save your time.

If this is the worst that happens to you, you live a charmed life.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Monroe County)

As others said I'm not going hold it against him. Who knows how it went down with his brother. But I really give him a plus to contact you rather then leave you hanging in a parking lot.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff