Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Glock is getting sued for exploding gun

glocks unsupported chamber is garbage and done to save costs at the risk to users. and buffalo bore knows it makes too hot of loads. imo they are both at fault

(Bucks County)

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    There you go. BB is known for hot loads. I'm not saying overloaded, but maybe a bit much for a standard Glock with its unsupported chamber at 5:30 to 6:30 in the vicinity of the ramp.

Noah
    This^^^

Glocks are well known for having unsupported chambers(9mm for sure, possibly other calibers), and with warmer loads you will get exactly what happened to the person of interest in the story.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    glocks unsupported chamber is garbage and done to save costs at the risk to users. and buffalo bore knows it makes too hot of loads. imo they are both at fault
    The person having bought the BB ammo for the Glock shares part of the blame as well. A person should know their gun, and any guns they borrow.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The person having bought the BB ammo for the Glock shares part of the blame as well. A person should know their gun, and any guns they borrow.
    I agree about the owner should have known, but if your buddy hands you a gun and mag that hed been shooting all day I doubt youd question it much. imo that buffalo bore is borderline unsafe and most "normal" people dont know any better. I bet the reason cabelas or whoever sold the ammo was blamed was because some employee said "this is what you want in bear country" or similar.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I agree about the owner should have known, but if your buddy hands you a gun and mag that hed been shooting all day I doubt youd question it much. imo that buffalo bore is borderline unsafe and most "normal" people dont know any better. I bet the reason cabelas or whoever sold the ammo was blamed was because some employee said "this is what you want in bear country" or similar.
    You think a shyster needs a reason to blame someone? Are you new here?

If they knew who moved the box of ammo from the shipping box to the display shelf they'd include him/her as well.

It's like spaghetti - throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

P.S. - I've never heard of Buffalo Bore, let alone any problems with it, before this thread.

(Delaware County)

I recently read a thread on the S&W forum about a Shield 40 blowing up when fired. There was a photo of the gun damage. The force of the blast separated the slide from the polymer lower and blew a big piece of the lower away on the ejection side. The ammo brand was not mentioned. Someone suggested that the polymer lower might have been defectively molded in manufacture. 0ne thing is for sure in that case and that in the OP. Either the gun or the cartridge or both were defective. I don't see how the caller of the gun or ammo could be liable in any way. Of course some lawyers just sue everyone and let the court sort it out.

Buffalo Bore states safe for any gun in good working order. They also give specific numbers for glock. Only thing I would wonder about is if it was lead.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

The combination of a hot load, repeated loading causing bullet setback, and Glock's loose chambers are likely the problem.

Hot load - Blame Buffalo Bore everyone knows they run hot. That is basically their brand
    Bullet setback - Blame the user
    Glock's chamber - Blame Glock

I have heard enough about Glocks going kaboom that I believe it is a problem with the design itself. I have two glocks, love them, carry one everywhere, etc... and I don't expect a kaboom to happen to me, but I also know it is a thing that happens disproportionately with Glock. If you rack the slide and load a round, make sure you fire that round eventually. Don't just load it in and out.

In short, I hope Glock fixes this problem and I hope this lawsuit speeds them up. I don't care if the guy wins or not. Irrelevant to me.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Chester County)

Do aftermarket barrels have supported chambers?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast