Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crafton Area

(Allegheny County)

Default Crafton Area

I'm in Crafton

(Allegheny County)

Im up the hill from ya in Kennedy Twp.

(Allegheny County)

Yinger, where do you shoot? Have you ever been to either Coraopolis Sportsmans or Collier? I'm looking to join one of those and looking for info from members.

(Allegheny County)

I used to shoot at the Greater Pgh Gun Club, but that doesn't look like its gunna be happening again anytime soon. I did intend to visit the Coraopolis Sportsman this week, but got tied up with work & didnt get a chance. I'm going to try to get out there next week to gather some info.

(Allegheny County)

I belong to GPGC as well. Thats why I'm now looking for a new place. I'm going to check both Cory and Colliers out this weekend. I talked to Colliers on the phone and they said to stop by on Sunday at 2:00 during their clay matches. People will be there and said I should be able to pick up 2 sponsors then. Unless I'm undesirable, of course. Man, the pressure. Thats what I liked about GPGC, it was like the Beverly Hillbilly's country club. I just paid my annual dues there a couple days before they closed! Perfect timing. If I don't get to Cory, let me know what you thought.

(Allegheny County)

Will do. I'm in school in Johnstown half the year, so im trying to find a public place similer to GPGC (pay as you shoot type thing) cause I can't really justify becomming a member somewhere when I will generally only be around to shoot 5 months out of a year.

(Allegheny County)

Made it to both Cory and Colliers today. I joined Cory. Colliers was nice but it looked like i would have had to jump through hoops to join. I would have had to go to the club a few Sundays to meet people and try to get a couple sponsors. Sounded like it would have taken me over a month just to shoot a gun there. I'll be shooting tomorrow at Cory. Plus they have an indoor range open 24/7 to members. That alone sold me. He said he signed 5 guys up today from GPGC. Guys from both clubs said GPGC won't be opening again due to felony charges and family issues. Appearently my dues were more of a defense fund as they knew they were probably closing. They could have told me that!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by plr16
    Appearently my dues were more of a defense fund as they knew they were probably closing. They could have told me that!
    Depending on how much of your money they took you should investigate your options of recovering it as it appears they took your money knowing full well they would not be able to provide the services they were promising.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

I was talking to a couple guys today who paid their dues as well. $45.00 isn't really alot of money,but just the way it all went down. There were alot of members in that club. Alot of clubs used that club. How many people paid their annual dues which were due June 1. I bet it was bunches! I will be looking into it to see what i can do.

(Allegheny County)

Awesome, how crowded was Cory, & how much did membership cost? If I have a chance tomorrow I may venture down, if not definately monday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast