Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Former Philly Top Cop says National Reciprocity a disaster.

Ya gotta read the LIES!

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion...-20170731.html

''Two years ago, on a snowy winter evening, a young Philadelphia police officer, Robert Wilson III, entered a local Gamestop store to buy a gift for his son. Minutes later, he was dead. Two brothers, both of whom had prior run-ins with the law, shot Wilson six times in a botched robbery attempt.''

Why weren't they still locked up?

''12 states including Pennsylvania’s neighbor, West Virginia — do not require any permit or training to carry hidden loaded guns in public. If this bill becomes law, almost any person from these states would instantly be able to carry concealed in Pennsylvania, regardless of whether that person meets the commonwealth’s standards for carrying a concealed gun in public. This not only puts communities in danger, it makes it harder for law enforcement officers to do their jobs.''

PA has no mandatory safety training either , so statistically , the risk would go down since some states DO.

''As a law enforcement officer, I had to go through a series of common-sense steps before I was ever entrusted with a weapon. First, I had to pass a background investigation. Then, I underwent hours of rigorous firearms training in both the classroom and at the gun range. Every year, I qualified with the firearm I was issued to carry. Why should it be easier for an untrained civilian to carry a loaded weapon than a cop? It simply makes no sense. And that’s why nearly every major law enforcement organization is opposed to this proposal.''
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Former Philly Top Cop says National Reciprocity a disaster.

Because the Constitution says so Libtard
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

I've probably read an article like this about a dozen times. It's full of the same inaccuracies that the antis always spew. Their bottom line is that they want everyone to think drug dealers and criminals will be carrying in PA.

Remember the doom & gloom speeches when PA clarified SHALL ISSUE LTCF.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I remember before LEOSA was passed many on the pafoa site were happy and believed it was the start of National Reciprocity for all. I posted then that no it was the end. Once the cops and ex cops have it the rest of the people will be screwed. Now you will see what I mean. Ramsey does not have to leave his gun at the border so he does not want non LEO to have the same power. I predict there will not and never be any LEOSA. I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and a former LEO. I am 99.9 percent sure that National Reciprocity is dead before it ever moves forward.

(Beaver County)

I'm not a "untrained civilian ".

(Chester County)

What a D Bag. Typical statist, Democrat bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I remember before LEOSA was passed many on the pafoa site were happy and believed it was the start of National Reciprocity for all. I posted then that no it was the end. Once the cops and ex cops have it the rest of the people will be screwed. Now you will see what I mean. Ramsey does not have to leave his gun at the border so he does not want non LEO to have the same power. I predict there will not and never be any LEOSA. I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and a former LEO. I am 99.9 percent sure that National Reciprocity is dead before it ever moves forward.
    Agreed.
    Rank and file LEO's are almost always political conservatives and believe strongly in the right to bear arms (except LEO's from Liberal strongholds).

LEOSA came into being because of the gun restrictions during the Clinton years.
    The rank and file were against any firearm bans and restrictions, so they were given a LEOSA carve out to quiet their opposition to the Liberal anti gun agenda.
    Now that LEOSA exists (and will possibly be expanded to members of government) the rank and file have less reason to vocalize their displeasure with gun restrictions.

Many active and retired LEO's still fight to defend gun rights, as is evidenced by the many LEO's (including myself) on this and other forums.
    But there is no question that LEOSA has weakened the organized opposition of gun restrictions by LEO organizations like the FOP.

I would like to believe that national reciprocity may still develop.
    But make no mistake, if national reciprocity becomes law, it will almost certainly incorporate national training standards, and possibly national registration.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

But make no mistake, if national reciprocity becomes law, it will almost certainly incorporate national training standards, and possibly national registration.

Only if it changed somewhere down the road. As they are written now it makes such stipulations.

I just shot with several "highly trained" law enforcement officers at an IDPA match. I kicked all of their asses with a Glock 26 with an IWB holster. I could see them making it a special license with training requirements and additional background checks to give it a chance to pass. I'm not saying I agree with that, but I could see it happening.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast