Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Good Job Ephrata Community Hospital

Shame you missed out on making the EMT a prohibited person by telling her sooner & than letting her following the State Protocol & securing a firearm herself in the ambulance (not under your control).
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Good to hear that everyone's okay. Just imagine if you had been taken to a New Jersey hospital.
    This story's a bit old, (late 1991) but I was returning home from the Mountain Rest Inn bar and shooting range in rural northern NJ when the driver swerved to avoid a deer and rolled the Jeep we were in. I came to laying in the detached hardtop. Police and EMS arrived and I was taken to the hospital, but I remember the police collecting loose ammo from the road. It had been in a locked wooden box with our guns in the back of the Jeep.

I was released from the hospital in the morning, and I went to the police station with my friends. They asked for ID and our NJ firearm cards, and we walked out 10 minutes later with our guns and all of the ammo they could find.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for all the good wishes guy!

I'd prefer to retrieve my pistol on my own rather than letting a potentially-untrained person carry it to me, but it's great to hear that they handled it well, and showed you respect as a gun owner.

Hope everyone's OK from the accident long-term.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Shame you missed out on making the EMT a prohibited person by telling her sooner & than letting her following the State Protocol & securing a firearm herself in the ambulance (not under your control).
    How would that make the EMT a prohibited person? This guy should not have had a gun in the ambulance in the first place but I'm sure he just didn't know that.

(Lancaster County)

You're right, I didn't realize that having my gun in an ambulance was prohibitied. Honestly, it never occurred to me. I was so worried about my wife that nothing else really registered until I saw the "no guns" signs on the hospital door. If I had thought about it, I would have said something to the EMT before getting in the ambulance.
    BTW: when we got to the hospital and I told the EMT I had a gun she never said anything to me about it not being allowed in the ambulance.

(Indiana County)

Guns are prohibited in ambulances for EMTs. A patient being transported is being transported for a medical emergency. It is standard protocol for the EMT to secure the gun and turn it over to the hospital personnel, along with the patient's other personal effects. A patient is not going to be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Guns are prohibited in ambulances for EMTs. A patient being transported is being transported for a medical emergency. It is standard protocol for the EMT to secure the gun and turn it over to the hospital personnel, along with the patient's other personal effects. A patient is not going to be prosecuted.
    I understand that but you said:

"Shame you missed out on making the EMT a prohibited person by telling her sooner & than letting her following the State Protocol & securing a firearm herself in the ambulance"

Why would he want to make her a prohibited person? Also if she did not know there was a firearm on his person, she would not be held liable for it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JL911 View Post
    I understand that but you said:

"Shame you missed out on making the EMT a prohibited person by telling her sooner & than letting her following the State Protocol & securing a firearm herself in the ambulance"

Why would he want to make her a prohibited person? Also if she did not know there was a firearm on his person, she would not be held liable for it.
    Statkowski didn't say that. PAMedic did.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Statkowski didn't say that. PAMedic did.

Right, my bad. Maybe PAMedic will see it and respond. I'm thinking I misunderstood his sarcasm or something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast