Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gun Permit Unit Closure and Relocation

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Thank yas for your fake concerns/smart assed replies....really brings a lot to this thread.
    You're welcome but don't be so sure that my concerns are fake. I wouldn't want to endure what yous have to down there and I do believe that you should be able to go to another county to get your LTCF.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gun Permit Unit Closure and Relocation

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You're welcome but don't be so sure that my concerns are fake. I wouldn't want to endure what yous have to down there and I do believe that you should be able to go to another county to get your LTCF.
    Well,at least we's have the county thing in common.It being a state license and all.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Philly Gun Permit Office Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

The SPCA is up the street for those dropping off or adopting a dog
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Isn't that right near the police pistol range?
    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    And really good hot sausage sandwiches are nearby at Front and Hunting Park Ave.

Merged 3 posts of similar topic.

(Philadelphia County)

I heard since they reopened, the line has been down the block.

Hopefully the sandwich truck is making a profit.

Does anyone know what their previous hours were? Based on the information online it says they're only open Monday to Friday, from 8:30- 1:00.. How am I suppose to apply for a permit during those hours if I work full time? I'd prefer not to take a vacation day to drive down to Juanita Park..

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nottherealfranco View Post
    Does anyone know what their previous hours were? Based on the information online it says they're only open Monday to Friday, from 8:30- 1:00.. How am I suppose to apply for a permit during those hours if I work full time? I'd prefer not to take a vacation day to drive down to Juanita Park..
    Their hours have always been Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 1:00. You will have to take two days off,one to apply and one to pick it up. Remember they go out of their way to discourage you from getting your permit.

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    Their hours have always been Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 1:00. You will have to take two days off,one to apply and one to pick it up. Remember they go out of their way to discourage you from getting your permit.
    Honestly you guys in Philadelphia need to get together and hire an attorney. That is not how it is supposed to operate. I live in Florida. I get a renewal notice 5 months prior to expiration. I can fill it in by mail and they will send it within 30 days or I can go to a convenient CCW processing center. I bring the fee for renewal and they take my picture and print my license on the spot. Very cheerful and businesslike. When I get my LTCF in PA I go to Bucks and they are very businesslike and issue my permit on the spot. But Philly from all I read will have you go at least 2 times, wait for hours, treat you like a POS and then you may get a notice that your prints are no good or that they are closed. But if you act like sheep and let them get away with it, over time it will get worse and worse. Maybe they will eventually be open for an hour a month.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Honestly you guys in Philadelphia need to get together and hire an attorney. That is not how it is supposed to operate. I live in Florida. I get a renewal notice 5 months prior to expiration. I can fill it in by mail and they will send it within 30 days or I can go to a convenient CCW processing center. I bring the fee for renewal and they take my picture and print my license on the spot. Very cheerful and businesslike. When I get my LTCF in PA I go to Bucks and they are very businesslike and issue my permit on the spot. But Philly from all I read will have you go at least 2 times, wait for hours, treat you like a POS and then you may get a notice that your prints are no good or that they are closed. But if you act like sheep and let them get away with it, over time it will get worse and worse. Maybe they will eventually be open for an hour a month.
    My username may be a bit ironic since I moved to Philly, but it's still better than NJ. That being said, if anyone wants to get in on a group buy for an attorney to sort this crap out - I'm up for pitching in $$$.

I went on October 12th, I showed up at 8 am (they open at 8:30am) and I was behind ~30 people. Luckily, some of those people were picking up their LTCF after receiving the approval letter, one guy ~2 weeks to receive it, another was 39 days. I was still there for a couple hours wasting my vacation time.

Also, for the Philly-haters parts of Philly really suck, others, not so much - although...the crappy parts are still only a short bus/train ride away. I can't wait to get to the other side of the Philly border.

(Lackawanna County)

If there is a crowd I can walk out with one in about an hour in Lackawanna County.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    If there is a crowd I can walk out with one in about an hour in Lackawanna County.
    I can walk out in an hour too in Philly, but I'll be walking out empty handed

I'm very jealous, it seems like what you described is the same for most counties outside of Philadelphia. One can only hope it gets better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast