Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Re: Definition of Antique Firearm to Change

This is an excellent proposal, but I have little confidence that it will pass. All it will take is for liberals to scream about BAR's being unregulated next year, and the Republicans will cuck out as usual.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    This is an excellent proposal, but I have little confidence that it will pass. All it will take is for liberals to scream about BAR's being unregulated next year, and the Republicans will cuck out as usual.
    Maxine: After I peach Trump, I gonna stop dis legislation authorizing military grade antiques being used by gang members. I have on excellent authority that the gangs of Chicago are planning to use these weapons to continue the gang violence that we all have come to expect out of Chicago's gang violence.
    Republican Cuck: Madame Congresswoman, there are only a handful of these available for purchase. The basic cost of one of these is $20k and up. I see no reason why this legislation should not be passed.
    Maxine: You hate Black people, don't you. You are only doing this to foster the genocide of blacks, by using these weapons of war.
    Republican Cuck: (whispering to himself: WTF, this will ruin my chances for re-election) Madame Congresswoman: I see your point and withdraw my support.
    Maxine to aide: see, all I have to do is cry racist and they suck their own dick.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Maxine: After I peach Trump, I gonna stop dis legislation authorizing military grade antiques being used by gang members. I have on excellent authority that the gangs of Chicago are planning to use these weapons to continue the gang violence that we all have come to expect out of Chicago's gang violence.
    Republican Cuck: Madame Congresswoman, there are only a handful of these available for purchase. The basic cost of one of these is $20k and up. I see no reason why this legislation should not be passed.
    Maxine: You hate Black people, don't you. You are only doing this to foster the genocide of blacks, by using these weapons of war.
    Republican Cuck: (whispering to himself: WTF, this will ruin my chances for re-election) Madame Congresswoman: I see your point and withdraw my support.
    Maxine to aide: see, all I have to do is cry racist and they suck their own dick.
    This is pretty much exactly what happens on every piece of conservative legislation; everything from pro-second amendment legislation to strict border security. Democrats on the other hand ALWAYS get their agenda through.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Pretty damned silly to restrict the purchase of a tool, regardless of year...
    hey, I was going to say that. Or something like that.

(York County)

Most European countries have adopted 100 years as a rule for determining antique status. It would make firearms with a manufacture date stamped on it easy to determine as antique, however I see a few problems:

1. Many dealers refuse to honor C&R or antique status already. The usual excuse is that "I entered into my books, so I have to do a transfer to remove it". Since the fee to do a background check is a significant money maker for many dealers, they have little incentive to allow simple cash and carry transfers.

2. With a many firearms one needs to know model and variation, as well as serial number to determine antique status. Here is one case where the onus is on the seller to know this and I think a dealer has a legitimate case to worry that they'll be on the hook if they get it wrong.

3. Some states already refuse to honor C & R or antique status as it stands under federal law. I'd see even more retroactive state legislation to remove the "loophole" allowing those guns that would be allowed to be sold unregulated under a new federal definition.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see a one hundred year rule passed to define antique.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; August 22nd, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see a one hundred year rule passed to define antique.
    I'd like to see a 236 year rule passed that we don't need any other rules.

I know, I know...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Interesting. Is that the model or the year of manufacture? Pretty damned silly to allow a 1911 made on or before 1917 but exclude 1918 on of the same damned gun.
    Currently it is year of manufacture. This came up on Pawn Stars.

(Lancaster County)

Does this mean an Browning M1919 made in 1919 wouldn't be an NFA item in two more years?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

Does c&r already cover this?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(York County)

C&R status applies to ANY firearm more than 50 years old, as well as any firearm that is unusual enough to get on to a list of such arms that ATFE has.

For Instance any Pre64 Winchester is now in C&R status. It does affect the status of some NFA items, but doesn't give you a pass to buy one without all the hassle. Some more modern arms have been granted C&R status. The cz82 was made C&R when a prominent museum curator petitioned ATFE to add it to the list.

The only thing C&R really does in the real world is make it easier for people with the 03 category of license to buy and sell guns on the list for collecting. The ATFE is pretty down on 03 licenses being used as a substitute for a regular Dealer 01 license.

Of course, none of this applies to weapons in the antique category. That is why non FFL antique dealers and antique auction houses often will sell guns when they won't touch them otherwise. Again, antique status guns isn't always so easy to determine, even with people who do this for a living. The rule change would certainly help milsup collectors though as so many arms made in the WW 1 era are clearly marked with date of manufacture.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; August 25th, 2017 at 05:45 AM. Reason: fixed grammar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast