Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Texas: no with even more open carry (swords and knives)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...es-swords.html
    Texas law will allow open carry of knives, swords
    By FOX 7 Austin Published July 11, 2017

AUSTIN, Texas – A new law in Texas will allow people over 18 to carry knives with blades longer than 5 ½ inches in public.

That means after September 1, people possessing anything from daggers to swords will not be breaking any laws.
    “What this law does is it gets rid of all that grey area and simplifies the law,” said AJ Postell, co-founder of Lone Star Gun Rights.

Gov. Greg Abbott recently signed House Bill 1935 into law, removing size restrictions on knife blades carried publicly by adults.

“The way the law currently is is that any knife with a blade length over 5 ½ inches is prohibited, so with the new law, it basically takes all that prohibited language off the books thus allowing knives over 5 ½ inches of blade length, also daggers, double-edged knives, dirks, even swords will soon come legal September 1,” Postell said.

Part of the reason knife activists fought for the bill is because they feel Texans were being unfairly labeled as criminals for carrying knives.

“We were seeing a lot of Texans get in trouble for the mere possession of something that they were legally allowed to own and to buy, but they were getting in trouble for possessing that item,” said Postell.

Even after September, long knives will not be allowed in several places; including bars, schools, churches, airports, government buildings, hospitals, correctional facilities, sporting events and polling locations.

“If someone goes into a business and the business owner or an employee is not comfortable with what they're carrying, they can ask them to leave or ask them to go place it in their vehicle and, again, law abiding people are going to do that,” Postell said.
    It's funny, every time a child asks me why I have a gun on my hip, I respond, "Because they won't let me open carry a sword."

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Texas: no with even more open carry (swords and knives)

I wish Governor Abbott was our president instead of the current fuckstick..
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    I wish Governor Abbott was our president instead of the current fuckstick..
    Do you want the previous fuck stickback?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    Do you want the previous fuck stickback?
    Nope, but that doesn't mean we can't hope for something better than what we got now.

PS When are these AKs that the ban was supposed to be lifted on coming in? I seem to have been promised import bans being lifted.

i just visited new hampshire- one can open carry a sword too. another great state.

more important than friendly knife laws, great gun laws too.

(Lancaster County)

I wish PA would ditch their knife laws or prohibited offensive weapons period.

I never understood the knife laws. Just seems like they wanted to be a prick and came up with a bunch of BS laws. If I can carry a gun what the hell does it matter if I carry an auto knife or a "switchblade". You can do more damage with your car/truck than any of them, gun included.

(Lancaster County)

And a spring assist or even a thumb stud opens as quick as an auto. For some people with missing digits one hand opening can be difficult. But honestly it would just be nice to have the option of an auto. No bullshit rare reasoning like I wrote. I just want the option.
    I wanna swing my chuks and mount my side handle baton to my trucks dash or roof, tape a dagger to my neck and a brass knuckle in my back pocket.

Life is supposed to be fun. Let me have it dammit

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I never understood the knife laws. Just seems like they wanted to be a prick and came up with a bunch of BS laws. If I can carry a gun what the hell does it matter if I carry an auto knife or a "switchblade". You can do more damage with your car/truck than any of them, gun included.
    It's scary to lynch a minority who is armed with anything. Understand that and you will understand all the gun and knife laws.

Jim Bowie would be proud to see his adopted state finally allow the open carry of his name sake knife.
    Remember the Alamo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast