Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: What's the MOST RELIABLE handgun you've owned

The most reliable handgun I've ever owned is the one I was born with. Stick out my index finger, raise my thumb, and say " BANG !". Has never failed in 44 years, never ran out of ammo, and works wet, dry, dirty, or clean. Has successfully "killed" hundreds of bad guys, and good guys ( depending whether I was cop or criminal ), and it has made both my kids smile. What more can be asked.

(Berks County)

My S&W model 19-2. Bought it used in 1967, carried it in Vietnam, and several other tours of duty,while in the Marines. Still have it, and it still shoots sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Redkats View Post
    My S&W model 19-2. Bought it used in 1967, carried it in Vietnam, and several other tours of duty,while in the Marines. Still have it, and it still shoots sweet.
    And here I thought my Ruger .22 was cool having been carried all over the Everglades. Hands down, you got my story beat by a mile.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

I must be the luckiest bloke alive. I have only had trouble with two guns. I Taurus Tracker that had to be retimed and a Rem. rifle that the mag latch broke on. I now have a PT 92 and a 24/7 pro with over 9000 rounds each, and they both shoot like brand new.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

My old faithful is my carry gun the Ruger P95 9mm. The things shoots no matter what each and every time. Yes it's ugly, a little sloppy (if you've shot one or own one you know what I mean) but it always goes bang, and has never had a FTF, FTE, Stovepipe, or any of that nonsense. I know my round count isn't as high as a lot of guys (only about 1,500) but it's a handgun I can honestly say I trust my life to.

That's why it's the only pistol I own. I'm a revolver guy at heart, and they make up the rest of my handgun collection. But at one point or another each of them has had something (usually minor things) happen.
    "The Earth is for the living." -Thomas Jefferson

(Erie County)

My dad's Ruger Charger, He has had it as long as I can remember. I never remember him or me and my brother ever having a problem with it. I can only estimate the round count in the 100,000+ range.

(Chester County)

I started a journey a while back to own the most commonly used military grade pistols to see what was most reliable. I now own a beretta m9, sig 226 elite, hk usp 45, springfield armory 1911, glock 17, 19, and 26. To be honest, i still dont know which is most reliable. They are all incredible. I have never had a problem with any of them regardless of ammo from the cheapest of crap to the hottest of loads. They are all great, incredible shooters. i have tried dirt, water, snow, mud and they all shot without fail. I think i'd have to spend my retirement in ammo to find a bad one of these. Having said that, you can see for yourself that i have three glocks. It has alot to do with the size, feel and INTERCHANGABLE MAGS! I have been able to rig up sig and beretta mags to make them interchangable but i like the ability to swap glock mags right out of the box. Buy one of each glock and stock up on 33rd mags. If the poop hits the fan everyone in your family can take a glock and a stack of 33 rounders. I am not crazy about the hk mag release because i have to reach for it but it has never caused me a problem or caused a failure other then time in reloading. The sig and beretta controls are all easy to reach and both are very ergonomic for me. But the glocks are just so simple, accurate, reliable, comfortable to carry, low print profile for concealed carry, very robust finish and interchangable mags.

(Luzerne County)

My MOST reliable has been any of my Ruger revolvers.

My second most reliable have been most of my Ruger semi autos. Even more so than my XD45. My Mark II government model takes the cake however.

Embarrassed to say because of how it is designed I have not cleaned the gun with the exception of a barrel swabbing in 15 years. It finally started giving me feeding problems after tens of thousands of rounds of Remington 22 LR ammo.

(Erie County)

My father's old Hi-Standard .22 revolver. Over 50 yrs old and running like a top.

For the semi-autos I would have to say my Glock-30 (Gen3).

(Berks County)

Sig P226 9mm from Tyson Corners VA!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast