Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Is Esarco's store front worth a look?

I'm redoing an inland 30 carbine and have run across their web sight , was wondering if the store front was worth the drive. They seem to have a good bit of other stuff I wouldn't mind looking at either. Anyone here ever go to the shop?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Is Esarco's store front worth a look?

From you it is a straight shot out I-81/I-78 and will take about two hours (plus or minus). There is a lot of stuff on display, but be aware most of their parts are still stuck in the PRNJ warehouse. If you have the time to kill, and want to look around, go for it. Without knowing your interests, I can't be more specific, but if it were me, I would probably do it. If you are into milsurps, they have a bunch of guns and parts, and you never know what is in stock at any given time. Also have other guns and ammo, but I have not been overly impressed with prices. They have always been friendly to me.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lehigh County)

Lots of mil surp stuff everywhere. You have know what you want and what you're looking at. I've been there several times...I like it...yeah! But I'm less than 30 minutes from the place, not two hours.

(Lackawanna County)

Yes and heritage guild is next door too

(Northampton County)

If you mean Sarco's then yes they are a decent store worth checking. I drive a half hour to get to them. The have the Heritage Guild and 501 outfitters very close by and all three make for a worthy trip.

(Cumberland County)

Ok, good. I'm into about any type of milserp and I have a real love for the little 30 carbines. Cheap to reload and shoot. I will definitely look into the other stores as well, didn't even know anything about them. ThNk you all for mentioning them.

(Lancaster County)

If you like pistols you have to go into 507 Outfitters. They have a lot of cool stuff in stock including a number of interesting CZs. Sarco is also fun to walk through. I was just up there a few weeks ago but can't recall seeing any rear sights. I know they had a handful of parts there but didn't look it over real well because I didn't need to. Heritage Guild has a lot of newer guns as well. Overall it's an area well worth going to if you're within an hour or two, all the shops are within about 2 minutes of each other. Also from Carlisle, Cabelas Hamburg should be on the drive home as well.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Lots of milsurp stuff there. Over the years i have purchased lots of milsurp ammo, although there is less of that now. They usually have a good supply of uncommon calibers.of commercial ammo. I have purchased quite a bit of tokarev and carcano ammo from them.

Sarco is a cool store to visit. If you're into true vintage milsurp, to include uniforms and equipment, there are few places that compare.

While you're in the area I would also check out Tanners Sports Center (2301 York Rd, Jamison, PA) and Surplus City (302 Bustleton Pike, Feasterville-Trevose, PA). Tanners is 35 miles/50 min south of Sarco and Surplus City is another 10 miles/20 min south of that. For the final trip home you can jump on the Turnpike instead of heading all the way back up to 78. Tanners usually has something they have bought in bulk quantity priced super cheap to get you in the door. Last year they purchased 400+ Ruger 10/22 Takedown Stainless Steel rifles with Kryptek Stock and sold them for $229 ($100 lower than their local competitors). Surplus City is a small shop but has fantastic deals on police trade-ins. In the past year I've picked up an unissued Glock 17 trade in for $285 and a S&W Model 10 for $245.

(Cumberland County)

Wow! Had no idea that all of those shops were out that way. Looks like I'm going to make a day of it. I'm off work the second week in august so I will have to find a day that they are all open. I'm thinking surplus city first tanners then sarco and the others. Of course, Cabela's on the way home. Thanks guys for all of the information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast