Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Butler County)

Default Re: CWD continues to spread Disease of cervids causing local population declines

Ovine, bovine and porcine blood and tissue is the closest to ours. Certain bovine proteins will get past our defenses intact because our immune function doesn't realize it's foreign. It also happens with tribes who eat human brains. Too familiar to be rejected but not a healthy place on the food chain for us. We are supposed to build our proteins from scratch, not have surrogates invading us with exotic missions to fulfill.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CWD continues to spread Disease of cervids causing local population declines

Been following this as some friends sell deer scent and the market is huge!

I used to hunt Clearfield until recently.

Sad very sad.

(Wayne County)

Thanks for dumbing that down enough for a ground pounder to understand, PAjon.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The solution in the simplest of terms would be create an enzyme that breaks down this improperly folded protein, right?
    From what I've read, these things are so damn small that they can't tell the amino acid sequence in order to to even try to synthesize an enzyme. Not to mention, you don't know what other proteins you might "unzip" unintentionally in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    So you are saying I have buy a new meat thermometer? My current one does not go up that high.
    Neither does your meat.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

From what I've understood you really only get one chance to stop it, when it's first discovered. Quarantine and kill every deer in the effected area. Anything less and it spreads. We are pretty much screwed with our deer herd, it's just a matter of time.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

A dead doe was found today on a neighboring property. I didn't see it, but the guys who found and buried it said it looked really healthy except its feet were too big. Local news spreads quickly here, and some are pointing to CWD. I need to learn a bit more about it.

A neighbor says she has seen a doe walking funny for the last 2 weeks.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123