Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Vice article "NRA annoyed me into quitting"

They should start a Go Fund Me page

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...-into-quitting
    They are asking for current / former members to email them to share your views
    Quoting them was your first mistake, the second was using them to help make a point...spreading fakeness...

(Lancaster County)

I like Dana but if I was on the fence I could see how she comes across as intense. Colion is a good speaker. He talks truth and logic almost as an educator. Dom Rasso just seems bad ass

(Chester County)

No problems for me with the NRA. Send them a check, stop freeloading.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    freedom is not free.
    Sending $ to the NRA does not equal freedom. People need permits to build on their land. They need a license to practice hair braiding. So many regulations.

The NRA sucks when compared to perfection. They're realistically good for the 2A.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Dom Rasso just seems bad ass
    That's 'cause he is...

(Mercer County)

I am a benefactor life member, I don't agree with everything they do, but send my money because they are one of in not the biggest pro 2a groups.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    freedom is not free.
    No, it is not.. But I send in my annual membership fee, nothing more, nothing less. (I donate to other causes when need be.) So sending me envelopes full of solicitation, costing them probably $1.50-$2.50 every time, is not gaining them any money. With all they send me asking for more money, it probably negates my donation + some. Doesn't annoy me, per se, as they just go in the trash. I just don't understand why they think it's a good idea. I don't know a single person who throws money at them every time they send out an envelope. There's certain case I will, especially to the legislation fund. But 99% of the time, it goes in the trash. Everyone I know does the same thing, so I don't know how it's cost effective to keep sending solicitations 2-3 times a month. I KNOW our gun rights are under attack, and I KNOW it takes money to fight it. You don't have to tell me multiple times a month, asking for more money. I give what I can, when I can... especially to groups on the ground, directly doing the fighting.

I like the NRA, generally... just not their solicitation model.
    III%

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    No, it is not.. But I send in my annual membership fee, nothing more, nothing less. (I donate to other causes when need be.) So sending me envelopes full of solicitation, costing them probably $1.50-$2.50 every time, is not gaining them any money. With all they send me asking for more money, it probably negates my donation + some. Doesn't annoy me, per se, as they just go in the trash. I just don't understand why they think it's a good idea. I don't know a single person who throws money at them every time they send out an envelope. There's certain case I will, especially to the legislation fund. But 99% of the time, it goes in the trash. Everyone I know does the same thing, so I don't know how it's cost effective to keep sending solicitations 2-3 times a month. I KNOW our gun rights are under attack, and I KNOW it takes money to fight it. You don't have to tell me multiple times a month, asking for more money. I give what I can, when I can... especially to groups on the ground, directly doing the fighting.

I like the NRA, generally... just not their solicitation model.
    Bulk mailings cost pennies. No doubt it is expensive to mail to all members but the response rate must equal a net gain or they wouldn't keep doing it. They expect most of us to toss them in the trash, I do. But every so often, I open one and send some money in.

I get annoyed by gun owners that express strong 2A sentiments but can't be bothered to support the 800 pound gorilla in the 2A fight. Whether because junk mail is the bane of their existence or the NRA is too extreme/compromises too much/should focus more on training/is a Republican organization... (not directed at you NB21)
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Sending $ to the NRA does not equal freedom. People need permits to build on their land. They need a license to practice hair braiding. So many regulations.

The NRA sucks when compared to perfection. They're realistically good for the 2A.
    Don't forget about paying rent to the gov for the house and property you own.

Taxes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast