Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Knoebels... officially an anti 2nd establishment.

Playing Devils Advocate over using Common Sense doesn't advance your argument.

Then again...what do I know? I'm just some 1's and 0's on the screen.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ColtShooter View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate over using Common Sense doesn't advance your argument.

Then again...what do I know? I'm just some 1's and 0's on the screen.
    What do you mean?
    If a mall or movie theater doesn't want kids shooting each other with .22's why are they anti when a park is not when they all have no gun policies?

(Chester County)

When I am deciding where to carry and where not to. I use the letter of the law, and what keeps me out of jail as my reference. I still carry at malls and movie theaters, if they have a problem with me violating this policy, they can ask me to leave and that's the extent of it. Legally you can't carry in a bank or in schools, so there is a difference. Same goes with Knoebels, its not illegal, so I am carrying. When I hear a story of them asking someone to leave, or again, making a public campaign to violate the 2nd, then I will waive the Anti 2nd flag at them. Buffalo Wild Wings, Starbucks, Target all made distinct campaigns against carrying, Knoebles merely has a blurb on there website about it.

So in my opinion, there is a difference. But I get why others feel differently.
    I won't support outright anti-2nd companies, I don't eat at Buffalo, I don't shop at Target, and I don't drink shitty Starbucks. But the line has to be drawn somewhere.

(Montgomery County)

Double standard much?

(Lancaster County)

Uh you can carry in a bank

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Uh you can carry in a bank
    Beat me to it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Double standard much?
    Life is full of double standards. Some double standards are built right into our culture.
    Double standards are not all bad. Same thing with being hypocritical.
    Many times it serves a purpose far in advance of the self-righteous types who cannot wait to point it out.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Indiana County)

If a place has no firearms signs posted, they are anti-gun.

I'm with Flathead on this one. There are a ton of reasons for restaurants, banks (it's not a law but a lot of banks do have anti gun signs. It's the reason I dropped my account at Bryan Mawr Trust) amusement parks, bars, malls etc.... to post no gun signs. It might be the presence of alcohol, children, higher premiums with insurance. But when they do, they are putting any law abiding citizen who respects property rights at the potential mercy of criminals who do not. They are setting up a place that so many of us speak out against, sitting duck zones. They are rendering you defenseless while on their grounds which makes them antis in my opinion, including knoebels.

That being said, I will compromise my values based on the place. Most restaurants that are anti won't see my business because there are plenty of non anti restaurants that I can spend my money at. I will only deal with banks that don't have no firearm signs on them because there are plenty that fit that bill. I will still go to Knoebels though because there are not any viable alternatives and they are a class organization in other ways. That doesn't mean that I won't write letters, complain or pretend they aren't potentially putting me in a bad situation. But I am not going to not take my family to unique places. I don't like being put in a position to disarm, but it is a compromise I will make in this situation because of the lack of alternative places to take rhis type of business.

(Berks County)

Go back to page 1 and read the first 2 posts. The gripe being put forward is no guns on the campground so (of course) the whole organization is now anti-2A. The topic continues to flow and is starting to look like whisper down the lane.

It still seems that some people believe that Knoebels is anti-2A. Stay home if you cannot understand what some people have said in this thread. Go to Dorney or over to NJ and enjoy six flags instead of griping about a place like Knoebels. See what you get there.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast